Comments

• Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited June 3, 2010
    Allen wrote: »
    ... (age allows this as you don't care how you
    look anymore, see avatar :D) ...

Wait 'till you get to be my age. mwink.gif

I tell everybody I'm 186 years old when they ask my age because "you're only as old as you feel", and 186 feels about right. A church lady told me I "... don't look a day over 120" (years old). rolleyes1.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    TangoJulietTangoJuliet Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    TangoJuliet, have you used the spot focus feature yet? Sounds like that's what you're doing in manual.

It wasn't me, it was Allen.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    ziggy53 wrote: »
    Wait 'till you get to be my age. mwink.gif

I tell everybody I'm 186 years old when they ask my age because "you're only as old as you feel", and 186 feels about right. A church lady told me I "... don't look a day over 120" (years old). rolleyes1.gif
    rolleyes1.gif I tell everyone I'm only 39 and a few months ..... eek7.gif344 :D

... and I use the smallest spot with the inner square, expanded.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    slimtheartistslimtheartist Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 10, 2010
    problem with my 7D when i wanna transfer big files
    hi all,

I just bought a Canon 7D with 2 memory cards SanDisk 16 GB Extreme 60MB / s UDMA and Kingston 32GB/133X, my problem is the following:

I just can not transfer video files that exceed 1'30" i have the same problem with the 2 cards ...
    when I read the movies files on the camera, they work normally, but from the moment I want to make a transfer from the camera to my computer via the USB cable ..... Windows always copy an empty file with 0Ko ..

is this a problem of USB cable or a problem of synchronization between the PC and memory cards ???

Can anyone help me to solve this problem !??

thx
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    hi all,

I just bought a Canon 7D with 2 memory cards SanDisk 16 GB Extreme 60MB / s UDMA and Kingston 32GB/133X, my problem is the following:

I just can not transfer video files that exceed 1'30" i have the same problem with the 2 cards ...
    when I read the movies files on the camera, they work normally, but from the moment I want to make a transfer from the camera to my computer via the USB cable ..... Windows always copy an empty file with 0Ko ..

is this a problem of USB cable or a problem of synchronization between the PC and memory cards ???

Can anyone help me to solve this problem !??

thx
    Never experienced this issue
    Are you using Canon EOS utility that comes with 7D to transfer files?
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2010
    Never experienced this issue
    Are you using Canon EOS utility that comes with 7D to transfer files?

nope i never use it :( u think this is the problem !?
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    Some things to try...

Have you tried taking the card out of your camera and using a card reader in you machine to read it?

Did you format the card in the camera before you used it?

hi all,

thx
  • Options
    edited July 10, 2010
    Dan7312 wrote: »
    Some things to try...

Have you tried taking the card out of your camera and using a card reader in you machine to read it?

Did you format the card in the camera before you used it?

yes i format the 2 cards in the camera, but i don't have a card reader yet, that's why i wanna be sure that's the problem to buy one .
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010

Why not try thatheadscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    roakeyroakey Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    I never use video, so I can't speak from experience, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you HAVE to use the Canon utility to transfer video.

Roak
    [email]roakeyatunderctekdotcom[/email]
    <== Mighty Murphy, the wonder Bouv!
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,827 moderator
    edited July 10, 2010
    My Canon 5D MKII creates MOV video files up to 4GB in file size. You need at least a 32 bit OS to copy the files onto a computer. I always use a card reader to transfer the files.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    waygard33waygard33 Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2010
    roakey wrote: »
    I never use video, so I can't speak from experience, but I seem to remember reading somewhere that you HAVE to use the Canon utility to transfer video.

Roak
    I just transferred several movie files, many over the minute and 1/2 length. I usually use my built in card reader (fast) but it's broken so I've just been using the cable (slow). I don't use the Canon utility. Simply drag and drop in Explorer. Never had a problem with any length video file. I've done this with XP and lately with Windows 7.

Wayne in Oregon
  • Options
    OnlyEliseOnlyElise Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2010
    waygard33 wrote: »
    I just transferred several movie files, many over the minute and 1/2 length. I usually use my built in card reader (fast) but it's broken so I've just been using the cable (slow). I don't use the Canon utility. Simply drag and drop in Explorer. Never had a problem with any length video file. I've done this with XP and lately with Windows 7.

Wayne in Oregon

I'm not sure if you're still dealing with the broken card reader, but I thought I'd throw in that you can get separate card-readers that plug into your USB port from Best Buy and a few other places. May make your work faster! :)
    I write at: Bumblejax - Wall Art from Digital Photos www.bumblejax.com

I work at: www.tinyroomproductionsonline.com