WTB: Coffee Travel Mug

phillybikeboyphillybikeboy Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
edited April 13, 2011 in House of Canon

Comments

• Options
    OSquaredOSquared Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    Me Too!

If you find out, please let me know as well...I would definitely purchase one.
  • Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2010
    OSquared wrote:
    If you find out, please let me know as well...I would definitely purchase one.

Same here! I'm wondering if this is just a photoshop job though...
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2010
    Chalk me up for one also.
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • Options
    S-ManS-Man Registered Users Posts: 151 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2010
    Apparently they were handing them out in Vancouver at the Olympics. Wish I couldda snagged one. I'd keep my eye on ebay for a few popping up.
    Sam
  • Options
    travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    I remember seeing this post a few days ago. While searching for something non-related, I found this on eBay (10+ available). Good luck to you....

http://cgi.ebay.com/CANON-70-200mm-L-THERMOS-Nt-EF-10-22-17-40-24-70-50-100-/260596302714?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cacc0037a
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2010
    There is an actual site now, if you feel they are real enough to give your credit card to.
    Anyone know anyone who has actually received an order of their $42 or $50 coffee mug?
    http://canonmugs.com/

(Thinkin about the 24-105L mug)
  • Options
    FotoMikeFotoMike Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    Looks like you can only get the legit ones from Canada, almost all the ones listed on eBay are being produced in China. I have been browsing the web for the last hour or so trying to track these down and every place I looked was sold out or charging ridiculous prices. Canon Canada is rumored to be producing them but there is no word yet. If you are on Facebook there is a fan page up with tons of links and talks about the mugs.

These are really cool so if anyone out there has any more info please pass it along to the rest of us who are chomping at the bit to get our hands on one. :help
  • Options
    scottgee1scottgee1 Registered Users Posts: 230 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    FotoMike wrote: »
    Looks like you can only get the legit ones from Canada, almost all the ones listed on eBay are being produced in China.

I'd be surprised if the "legit ones" were produced anywhere but China.

Given the horrendous pollution in 'enterprise zones' there, my family no longer buys any food or food bearing products from China or other countries that don't regulate/control pollution.

These things might make interesting conversation pieces but I sure wouldn't drink a hot beverage from them.

YMMV/ScottGee1
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2010
    I know of someone who did one of the ebay ones and got it successfully. I figured it was a scam, but nope! legit.
    //Leah
  • Options
    ssersser Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Now to carefully suggest this as a possible fathers day gift..... so cool!
  • Options
    JonnyyayaJonnyyaya Registered Users Posts: 181 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    colourbox wrote: »
    There is an actual site now, if you feel they are real enough to give your credit card to.
    Anyone know anyone who has actually received an order of their $42 or $50 coffee mug?
    http://canonmugs.com/

(Thinkin about the 24-105L mug)

Bought 'em both! Thanks for the link :D
  • Options
    raebrownraebrown Registered Users Posts: 273 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2010
    Canon Canada is giving 10 away in their current contest.

http://canoncanada.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/canoncanada.cfg/php/enduser/doc_serve.php?2=Lens_Mug_Form

Must have a Canadian address though.
    Rae
    Tickled Pixels

Tickled Pixels Blog: "
    A walk in Gamla stan, the old town of Stockholm"
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2010
    Ahhhhhhh.......

20100517-18wj4d7p7gnbqbx9j5xn46pgpp.jpg

Ordered May 10th, arrived from China on May 15th.
  • Options
    SCPSCP Registered Users Posts: 100 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    FA: Canon lens coffee cup on ebay - $15! - 20 minutes left
    I don't remember who was looking for this and I can't find the thread now.. but here is one on Ebay. 20 Minutes left. 15 bucks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/GREAT-PRODUCT-Canon-Lens-Coffee-CUP-24-105-mm-1-1-/130397082477?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Lens_Accessories&hash=item1e5c45936d#shId
    Kandie Kingery

Become a fan of Stone Creek Photography
  • Options
    colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    The 24-105 mug that's $40 at canonmugs.com is now being sold at good old Photojojo for just $24.
    http://photojojo.com/store/awesomeness/camera-lens-mug/

No sign of the 70-200...
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    and a NIKON LENS MUG ............. http://tinyurl.com/28rktqq ........oops...got carried away...mods please move to NIKON LAND if you so desire............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    here is my little secret...i ordered one about a week ago and they have been good about sending shipping updates, etc. tracking shows mine just left Hong Kong. hopefully it actually arrives! $15.99 and free shipping...can't beat that if it's legit.

http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.Canon_Lens_24_105_mm_1_1_Coffee_Cup_Mug-31008

sku_31008_1.jpg
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    catspawcatspaw Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2010
    //Leah
  • Options
    hgernhardtjrhgernhardtjr Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2010
    Nikon Lens Mug
    While I am a Canon user, and have, over the past year, collected three Canon Lens mugs (one, a recent purchase, "generation 4", has a petal lens hood cap and stainless lining), I decided I wanted a fourth so when my friends and I gather at the table to dine and chat, we could each use a "lens" to drink from.ne_nau.gif

So I decided to pay homage to Nikon, and recently ordered (ebay) and received the Nikon mug ... and it is NICE ... stainless lined, it also telescopes up and down, just like the real lens! Detail is excellent and quality is evident. So, now you Nikon users out there don't need to feel left out and can lay claim to a Nikon lens mug that one ups the Canons.clap.gif

Hey, I figure a Canon 400mm f2.8 stein/pitcher will come next, so we Canon users can one-up the Nikon-ies once again!:ivar
    — Henry —
    Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,201 moderator
    edited March 30, 2011
    For all you lens mug fans, I just found out that B&H now stocks all these mugs. Four are Canon models and one in Nikon. The newest is a Canon 24-70 with a zoom ring and AF/MF switch, stainless steel inner liner. Price ranges are $24.95 to $29.95 US$.

For those who already have some of these, just how tippy are the smaller mugs? The bottom footprint looks small. Do they wash up well? How durable are the markings?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    viridian_vixenviridian_vixen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 31, 2011
    got one of these for Christmas and love it! I will find out where it came from!
    Sorry for the crappy cell pics. The bf stole the camera today for work.
    36c83cd6.jpg
    74ea3f74.jpg
    baf10b82.jpg

Dealextreme.com has a bunch pretty cheap, but they arent all branded.
    http://www.dealextreme.com/p/unique-simulation-dummy-nikon-zoom-lens-thermos-mug-cup-600ml-50693
  • Options
    ShayebrydShayebryd Registered Users Posts: 165 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2011
    Check here as well! :)
    "My favorite thing is to go where I've never been!"
  • Options
    ThatCanonGuyThatCanonGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,778 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2011
    David_S85 wrote: »
    For all you lens mug fans, I just found out that B&H now stocks all these mugs. Four are Canon models and one in Nikon. The newest is a Canon 24-70 with a zoom ring and AF/MF switch, stainless steel inner liner. Price ranges are $24.95 to $29.95 US$.

For those who already have some of these, just how tippy are the smaller mugs? The bottom footprint looks small. Do they wash up well? How durable are the markings?

I have one that I bought on ebay. It's not Canon brand but "Cuplens." It's the 70-200 version, and my only complaint is the "lens cap." It doesn't have a hole so it's hard to get on and take off. It does have a rubber o-ring.

A few interesting observations: the red ring near the front is actually a rubber band. It doesn't come out unless you really try to get it out. And, the bottom has an actual EF rear lens cap!

It doesn't hold much though. I do like the stainless steel. I think mine is generation 1.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2011
    I have ordered the Canon 70-200 and the 24-70 "zoomable" versions. The other day, there were 6 mugs available on the B&H site. Now there are only 3 (one is a Nikon). Before they all disappear, I thought I had better grab some. For all I know, they may be working up revised ver. II models, just like Canon has done. I hope to post a review in the near future. I'll also be testing the Canon OC-E3 off-cam flash cord, since I thought the order should include something useful for actual photography. Been wanting to get one of those since Marc did his little tute in Acadia for us all.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    rdallandrdalland Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2011
    They are available here as well: Shop4Tech

I haven't ordered one, so I know nothing about the quality or functionality.
  • Options
    edited April 8, 2011
    Are these really Canon and Nikon brand?

Are the ones at B&H zoomable?
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2011
    There is but one Canopn type now remaining at B&H, the 24-70 and it is zoomable, or so it says. The 70-200 and the two 24-105's are now missing from the website entirely. I got my shipping confo today, and apparently my 70-200 was about the last one in stock. Will there be more? Don't know. Not even searchable on their website. There are two Nikon types left.

As for if they are really Canon and Nikon brand... no. Authorized by Canon and Nikon? I doubt it. Canon did OK the 70-200's for the Olympic press' swag bag gifts in Canada, AFAIK. The other versions???? And no idea about the Nikon.

I knew that if B&H ever got their hands on these collectibles that they'd either (1) disappear in an instant (which seems to have happened), (2) would be asked by Canon and Nikon to stop selling them for trademark infringements, or that (3) if supply could keep up to demand that the uniqueness would give way to ubiquity.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited April 9, 2011
    No Canons left. There is a Nikon 24-70 and some wierd-looking 70-200s.