Options

Withdrawn: Da Bigma

jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
edited August 21, 2010 in House of Canon
Good Evening Folks,
After thinking long and hard, I have decided to sell my Bigma (The Sigma 50-500mm lens) For those that enjoy a good hearty work out, this lens is for you :roflI have used it sparingly due to a shoulder injury, and most recently, a lower back injury. One of the best shots taken from this lens and the Sigma EX 1.4x tc (attached to my 40D) is that of Jupiter and 4 of it's moons. I have attached additional shots of the lens and some taken on my 5D from 300 - 500mm as well. The glass has some minor dust inside, and there is the usual tripod paint peeling. Stopped down slightly, it is a sharp lens. Comes with the lens case, both caps (front is generic) tripod, and the lens hood. $695 shipped in the CON US, money order only. As always, thanks for looking :thumb
Have a good evening :D
Jim...

Comments

• Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    edited June 9, 2010
  • Options
    trucksrfuntrucksrfun Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited June 10, 2010
    PM sent
  • Options
    edited June 10, 2010
    FS: Da Bigma
    Good Evening Folks,
    For $5 more ($700 total) I'll throw in the Sigma APO EX DG 1.4x tc, which is currently going for about $130. I don't think you'll find a better deal anywhere thumb.gif Also, I do have large files if anyone would like to see them. Thanks for looking.
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2010
    FS: Da Bigma price drop
    Good Evening Folks,
    $650 for just the Bigma, or $700 for the Bigma and the matching Sigma APO EX 1.4x tc. Large size pictures are available. Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Jim...
  • Options
    Luke J. PhotographyLuke J. Photography Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2010
    jgoetz4 wrote: »
    Good Evening Folks,
    For $5 more ($700 total) I'll throw in the Sigma APO EX DG 1.4x tc, which is currently going for about $130. I don't think you'll find a better deal anywhere thumb.gif Also, I do have large files if anyone would like to see them. Thanks for looking.
    Jim...
    I will give you $5 for just the 1.4x :D
  • Options
    edited June 28, 2010
    I will give you $5 for just the 1.4x :D
    Good Afternoon Luke,
    That's fine, but shipping will be $125 rolleyes1.gifThanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2010
    FS: Da Bigma
    Good Afternoon Folks,
    I thought I had my Bigma sold to a dgrinner, but she backed out. She didn't have the courtesy to call me (she has my phone number) or even send me a pm or email to let me know she changed her mind. I even kept the lens for her until the first week of August, rather then sell it locally the last week in July to someone on craigslist. Anyway, it's back on the market for $630 shipped in the CON US. As always, thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Have a good afternoon :D
    Jim...

PS: If anyone wants the name of this woman for future reference, shoot me a pm or email.
  • Options
    edited August 21, 2010
    REMOVED: Da Bigma for sale
    Good Evening Folks,
    A good shooting friend of mine called me this morning. He just returned from vacation, and was telling me about his wildlife shots. He has a 400 5.6, and a 70-200 2.8 (non IS) and knows I have the Bigma. He said if he would have had my lens, he could have taken so many more good shots, but, was limited with what he had. Changing lenses was out of the question, he said, because the birds were moving around too much. After thinking about what he said (for most of the day) I have decided to keep my lens. We're talking about a very good 10x lens (50-500mm) Stopped down slightly, it's even better. Yes it's heavy, but I'll use it on my new Bogen tripod. While you can spend over $1100 for a 100-400 IS, you won't equal the range of the Bigma, and the the IQ is just as good. If anyone sees this lens for sale in the future, jump on it. You won't be sorry.
    Jim...