Options

DSS52-two for your consideration...c&c plz!

ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
edited June 12, 2010 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have 2 different ideas I have been working on, still works in progress,
but I'd love some feedback on which, if either, works better than the other...thanks in advance!

896966243_B26RB-L.jpg

893110713_2dzKv-L.jpg
Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    TLVoDraTLVoDra Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Love Love the clouds!! I could read "Imagine" right away. I thought about something similar but our clouds here didn't cooperate. : ) Very nicely done!!!
    Tammy~
    "In every job that must be done, there is an element of fun..." Mary Poppins
  • Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    TLVoDra wrote: »
    Love Love the clouds!! I could read "Imagine" right away. I thought about something similar but our clouds here didn't cooperate. : ) Very nicely done!!!

I couldn't get the "imagine" until I read this post. Shadows on the other hand i got right away. Plus visually they're more interesting. :D
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2010
    Both awesome!
    I would drop the s and make it just 'shadow'
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2010
    TLVoDra wrote: »

Thanks Tammy, I'm hoping for some more cloudy skies to try and improve some of the letters, and I'm also trying for a different word and I need 2 more letters for it. Glad you liked it and could read it:D
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2010
    I couldn't get the "imagine" until I read this post. Shadows on the other hand i got right away. Plus visually they're more interesting. :D

Hmmm, perhaps it's the same letters I'm looking to improve on that made it hard for you to read, thanks for the inputthumb.gif and thanks for the interest in Shadows!
    Karin

• Options
    edited June 11, 2010
    Both awesome!

Thanks SB....I kinda feel like it needs an s on the end since it's multiple frames, but that's just me. I am going to shoot a new S for it though, my husband says the end S looks more like a J
    Karin

• Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010

15524779-Ti.gif

I love the Shadows one!
  • Options
    kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I like them both! I like the idea of the clouds better, but can see the shadows word better.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Very creative and nice, both.

I couldn't see the letters immediately, but once I saw the word it was obvious.

I agree with the "S"
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    me_minihahame_minihaha Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I got the words right away. I like them both I love imagine but I can read shadows better except for the "S" it kinda looks like a J more then an S. They are both very creative. I also tried doing clouds but I found it wasn't easy because just as soon as I would see the letter the the clouds moved before I grabbed my camera and the letter was gone so you did an awesome job getting those letters!!!!!!!!!
    Victoria
    "It's awesome to be ALIVE!"
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Both awesome!
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    tinamarie52tinamarie52 Registered Users Posts: 954 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I like shadows much better. I aagree that the last S could be improved or left off. I had a hard time figuring out the cloud image.

Very clever for both.

Chris
    http://chrisadamczyk.smugmug.com

When you come to a door... walk through it.
    If it's locked... find an open window.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    I like them both. I look at the clouds and like that one best, then look at the shadows and like that one best.

Good ideas!
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ghinsonghinson Registered Users Posts: 933 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2010
    Props for trying to find a G in clouds!
    uosuıɥ ƃǝɹƃ
    ackdoc.com
  • Options
    edited June 11, 2010
    Thank you all so much for taking the time to commentiloveyou.gif
    I hope to be able to make some improvemnts on both images this weekend,
    plus try another idea that came to me this morning on my way to work!
    Greg, that G was the last one I found....that and the A(which im hoping to find a better one) were the hardest to find!
    Thanks again everyone!
    Karin

• Options
    kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2010
    For me the shadows popped out RIGHT away. Really fun idea!!! The 'imagine' took me awile but it is wonderful as well. I vote for the the shadows! Nice work!
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2010
    kidzmom wrote: »
    For me the shadows popped out RIGHT away. Really fun idea!!! The 'imagine' took me awile but it is wonderful as well. I vote for the the shadows! Nice work!

Thanks Kelly!
    The weather doesn't appear to be cooperating for me, possibly tomorrow, but I think I will go ahead and enter the shadows just in case my other ideas don't pan out. I appreciate your feedback!
    Karin