Options

Photos are being stolen from SM Here

13»

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2010
    SamirD wrote: »
    The galleries are linked from my main web site, and it is highly public. Still nothing. ne_nau.gif
    They may have specifically crawled sites known for images (like Smugmug) from which they cannot find your images. They may not know about your main site which would lead to your images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,203 moderator
    edited June 18, 2010
    They show 11 of mine. I'm not going to include the link to them again, as it will just increase their traffic even more.

EDIT: Only nine are mine. How they link the other two to my username is a mystery. Oh well. Odd "search site" it is. I wonder what they're really up to.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
  • Options
    nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    nipprdog wrote: »
    905242464_HBLaQ-O.jpg

So much for that. I just found 8 of my images there.
  • Options
    CWSkopecCWSkopec Registered Users Posts: 1,325 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Sam wrote: »
    Now I feel like a complete failure...................not one of my images is worthy of theft......:cry:cry:cry

Sam

Sam, don't feel bad... If I was the type of person to do it, I would happily steal a number of your images! :D

On a more serious note, they've got a whole bunch of my images, most from flickr and most are super low res. Those that are of decent web viewing res, have my watermark (old one on flickr) on them. While I wish their image search linked back to my site properly, since the photos are low res or watermarked, I'm not overly worried that they're actaully making money off them
    Chris
    SmugMug QA
    My Photos
  • Options
    Ken KKen K Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    All the images that had been taken down in response to my DMCA notice are back up. However, now when I click on a thumbnail it links directly to the image in my NatureScapes portfolio or in the case of my SmugMug portfolio to my home page.

BTW, if you search on SmugMug you get 5,691,231 thumbnail results!

Ken
    Ken Kovak
    KenK Photography - Lehigh Valley, PA
    http://kenkphotography.smugmug.com
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    jfriend wrote: »
    I'll amend what I said earlier. They appear to be an image search site, but they are not linking back to our actually gallery pages like they should.

Actually, John, at that photosimagen site, when I type in "pmbimages", I see my thumbnails and when I click on my thumbnails, it takes me right back to my Smugmug site's Home page (in the lower frame)! Clicking on my thumbnail in the upper frame doesn't "get" them anything larger though), but my URL is there next to it.

I'm getting a link-back as you'd originally said, to my Home page with the slide show.
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    I just found nine of my image on there. When I did a search a few days ago, none were on there. Now I'm part of the stolen club. And like others have said, if you click on an image, it goes to my home page.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    mannytkdmannytkd Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited June 20, 2010
    It looks the site has been suspended??
  • Options
    kd2kd2 Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    It's still up. In fact, I typed in the name of several photographer friends and also some more "well-known" photographers in the industry. They all have photos on there, too.
    ~Kathy
    Success Coach, Motivational Speaker, Professional Photographer
    "Enriching Lives through Images and Inspiration"
    www.kathleendavenport.com

• Options
    DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    I noticed at least two of my images on that site actually link you to dgrin :P
    http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

• Options
    KMCCKMCC Registered Users Posts: 717 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    If the site was suspended, it didn't remain suspended for very long. All of my images are still being shown in spite of my submission of the DMCA notice.

Kent
    "Not everybody trusts paintings, but people believe photographs."- Ansel Adams
    Web site
  • Options
    T-photosT-photos Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    I don't have time right now to read all of the comments, but I posted similar thread about 5 a.m. this morning when I discovered my locked, passworded unlisted galleries being accessed. It's odd as I haven't really paid much attention to my smug lately, but another smug user asked me if I had any sales through here and I said no and they wondered why not since I am able to sell other places, then I find the 'baidu' and other links to my images and it's just disturbing that I pay good money but no protection here at all. I love my smugmug and doubt I'll ever leave. But I will just have to be more careful I guess and limit what I put online. I just thought my private galleries were private.