Options

Whatcha think??

kidzmomkidzmom Registered Users Posts: 828 Major grins
edited June 20, 2010 in Holy Macro
Okay folks...lay it to me strait. To enter the mega challenge with one of these images or to move on, lol?

Theme is "Emergence"

I really wanted to shoot water for this because not only are water drops fun to photgraph when they "emerge"...but water is the reason for our existance, OUR emergence. Without water we would not be here.

So anyway, here are 3 options..

905656914_i6DT3-L.jpg

905703106_BPkDg-L.jpg

904370568_YjAWL-L.jpg

Thanks for any input or thoughts (good or bad!). ETA These are close ups and not true macros since I was shooting with my 50mm
:)
Kelly

Comments

• Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    The bokeh and the reflection in number one is amazing! What is in the background making that beautiful bokeh?
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2010
    Thanks Trevor! Only you might be able to relate to this background, lol. The "bowl" that I used for the water is actually the lid of a potty training toliet rolleyes1.gif (about 3 inches deep). The water was filled about 2 inches deep and then that 1 final inch had splashes of water droplets all along the rim. What you see is little water droplet bokeh :). I wish I had rounded blades, but I guess I'll have to be happy with my hexagons. So...is your consensus #1 then for the mega? Thanks!
    trevorb wrote: »
    The bokeh and the reflection in number one is amazing! What is in the background making that beautiful bokeh?
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Thats Classic! What a set up. Yes, You have my vote for #1
    You should get some type of award on the sole bases of shooting this with a 50mm non macro lens. Amazing!
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    Lovely splash series - I'd be happy entering #1 or #2
    Brian v.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Thanks Trevor and Brian! :)

I'm so glad you both liked #1. Stopping down in the 2nd set was the key to getting the detail I wanted. #3 was shot at F2 and it just didn't capture enough crispness of the emerging water splash. I think the tripod helped, but I felt so limited in my composition on the pod. I know that the off camera lighting helped a lot too.

Brian, YOU ARE the master of macro/other cool shots. If you like #1 and #2 I'm over the moon happy! YAY!

• Options
    Alaskan RoverAlaskan Rover Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2010
    I like #1 the best. Definitely #1.
  • Options
    edited June 19, 2010
    Thanks Alaskin!!! I just entered it in the Mega Challenge. Fingers crossed :D Thanks for the input!
  • Options
    Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,900 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2010
    kidzmom wrote: »
    Thanks Trevor and Brian! :)

Brian, YOU ARE the master of macro/other cool shots. If you like #1 and #2 I'm over the moon happy! YAY!

Kidzmom - thanks for the compliment but when it comes to "judging" pictures my views are no more valid than anyone else's. You should actually enter the shot you like best :) - best of luck with it anyway.
    Brian v.