Options

Dgrin NEWB question

VinceVince Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
edited August 1, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi all,
I was wondering if I'm missing something here. I find that the threading/messaging on this site is not convenient. i.e. I have to open up all the messages to see if anyone has answered my particular question or post. I am used to the DPRVIEW.com format where there are multiple threads and I can see when someone is writing a msg specifically for me. Can I do that here? So, if i post a msg, and don't come back for a while, and if there are 12 pages and 100's of posts/replies, i'll have to sift through all the responses?

Thanks for any guidance.:dunno

cheers.
Vince from Toronto :rolleyes

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    Vince,
    Vince wrote:
    Hi all,
    I was wondering if I'm missing something here. I find that the threading/messaging on this site is not convenient. i.e. I have to open up all the messages to see if anyone has answered my particular question or post. I am used to the DPRVIEW.com format where there are multiple threads and I can see when someone is writing a msg specifically for me. Can I do that here? So, if i post a msg, and don't come back for a while, and if there are 12 pages and 100's of posts/replies, i'll have to sift through all the responses?

Thanks for any guidance.ne_nau.gif

cheers.
    Welcome to dgrin!

This question has been asked probaly gazillion of times before (mostly by dpreview members, who all seem to love this feature, present company included:-).
    Unfortunately, it looks like VBulletin (the engine that is used to run these froums) does not have this feature...ne_nau.gif
    There are few workarounds.. None is as convenient as what we long for, but they work.. I think the closest one is to subscribe to each thread you participate in, but do not ask for emails. This way you can see all those threads in a separate list.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited July 21, 2005
    Thanks for welcoming me to dgrin, nik. i appreciate it. nice to see a fellow STF here as well. mwink.gif

heheeheh. I can imagine that this question has being asked a bazillion times. lol. thanks for taking the time to reply to me. i guess i should've tried the search enginerolleyes1.gif .

hope to see you around.

cheers
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 21, 2005
    hi vince wave.gif

try what a lot of us do. under usercp, tick subscribe to all threads you post in, with *no* email notification... then, you simply have to click on "quick links" and select "subscribed threads" and you'll see a listing of all threads you participate in, and can readily tell which have new stuff, or not. also, do pay attention to all the user-settings available, there are different modes you can view threads, just play around a bit. finally, after a while you get used to it and realize that dgrin is well worth it :D

cheers and welcome again. oh i'm moving this thread to "dgrin support" where it belongs :D
  • Options
    edited August 1, 2005
    andy wrote:
    hi vince wave.gif

try what a lot of us do. under usercp, tick subscribe to all threads you post in, with *no* email notification... then, you simply have to click on "quick links" and select "subscribed threads" and you'll see a listing of all threads you participate in, and can readily tell which have new stuff, or not. also, do pay attention to all the user-settings available, there are different modes you can view threads, just play around a bit. finally, after a while you get used to it and realize that dgrin is well worth it :D

cheers and welcome again. oh i'm moving this thread to "dgrin support" where it belongs :D
    Thanks for the friendly advice, Andy. Always appreciate you taking the time to explain things. Will give your suggestions a try.

Cheers!