My site
  • Options
    Y_KnotY_Knot Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    Done
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    This is unethical and in the poorest of taste. How about performing well enough as a photographer to earn the votes?
    Isnt that a novell idea.
  • Options
    metmet Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    I think most people on dgrin have discerning enough taste not to bump up a photographer that they think does bad work. Jeremy has posted his work in this forum and if people appreciate it enough to go give him a vote, what is the harm in that? I'm sure others on the poll have reached out to their family, friends, customers and other contacts for votes as well. Dgrin is a welcoming community but can also be a place of fairly harsh critique sometimes. If you can get dgrinners to vote for you based on your body of work that they've seen posted - that's saying something. You may personally think it in poor taste, but unethical is a reach in my opinion.
  • Options
    DanspageDanspage Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    This is unethical and in the poorest of taste. How about performing well enough as a photographer to earn the votes?
    Isnt that a novell idea.

Jeff

I looked at your work and I would also vote for you if you entered in to the contest.

Did you go the contest page- rules are you can vote once per person per day yay or boo. Blame the contest rules. If you like his work then vote or enter the contest. But let us know that you entered so we can review your work and vote. It's a big world wide net, and if you do not promote yourself then who will. Not unlike our political system, you have to get the word out.

PS:Nice work and you have very good white balance skills... Your Seniors rock!
    Daniel
    http://danspage.smugmug.com/
    Scratch Nikon I switched to
    Canon 5d mark II