Options

how much should i sell my photos for?

mattr888mattr888 Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
edited August 17, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
hi,
i would like to sell some of my photos but i dont know how much i should sell them for. my website is http://reevesphotography.weebly.com/. The pictures i am thinking of selling are on the main page but please feel free to look around and suggest any others that you think could sell.

thanks
matthew
Twitter
Facebook
happy snapping

Comments

• Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    mattr888 wrote: »
    hi,
    i would like to sell some of my photos but i dont know how much i should sell them for. my website is http://reevesphotography.weebly.com/. The pictures i am thinking of selling are on the main page but please feel free to look around and suggest any others that you think could sell.

thanks
    matthew

Welcome to the forums! IMO, before you try to start selling off of your website, you should make sure the site itself is complete. Correct spelling/grammar errors, etc, then move to the next level of selling. Potential customers will not have a confident feeling of purchasing from you if your site is unprofessional (spelling/grammar/format errors).

Below is an example from your main page that I would start with first:
    Paragraph.

About me.

I have been doing photography for about several months now. i am currently 15. I enjoy photography and i have been impresed with the quality of some of the pictures. I have been using the Panasonic lumix TZ3 but im getting used to the cannon eos 350D which is my new camra i have taken some good ones and put them on here. They are the first ones in the nature secrtion

This is a great place to learn, so feel free to ask questions! thumb.gif
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    edited August 5, 2010
    kk thanks.

the reason the spelling and grammar is wrong is because im dyslexic. so if you would help me improve it it would help me a lot.

also i was going to start selling some photos at a car boot sale.

thanks matt
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • Options
    gecko0gecko0 Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2010
    kk thanks.

the reason the spelling and grammar is wrong is because im dyslexic. so if you would help me improve it it would help me a lot.

also i was going to start selling some photos at a car boot sale.

thanks matt

I'd be happy to help out a bit...hopefully others can also pitch in and we can get your site cleaned up a bit. thumb.gif

I'll post a few edits of some things when I have more time in the next few days.
    Canon 7D and some stuff that sticks on the end of it.
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2010
    okk thanks
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping
  • Options
    natfootnatfoot Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited August 14, 2010
    Matt,
    I am also lysdexic "the spelling is a joke" Here are a few minor changes I would make.
    I am currently using the cannon EOS 350D. I have been in to photography for 5 - 6 months and i am pleased with the resorts. The first camera i used was the Panasonic TZ3 which i would recommend as a good compact camera but the newer models might be better.

I am currently a novice photographer. I am using a Canon 350D and am pleased with the results so far. I have had experience with the Panasonic TZ3 which i would recommend as a good compact camera.

I would include what you like to take pictures of in your bio, or what you intend to take pictures of. I know that our other hobbies tend to influence what we take pictures of.

-Natfoot
  • Options
    HinsonHinson Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2010
    hi,

thanks
    matthew

Matthew; here is one edit of your opening paragraphs.

I'm a 15 year-old student and have fallen in love with photography over the past months. I started with the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 but have upgraded to the newer Canon EOS 350D. You can browse my images here. I think the first images in the nature section are some of my better works.
    Serving Him by Serving Others
    www.Jerrywhitephotography.com
  • Options
    edited August 17, 2010
    thanks both of you i will change it now.

just another thing, should i take some of my pictures off. And just have the best of the best if so what one do you think i should keep on.

thanks for all the help again and i like the joke

matt
    Twitter
    Facebook
    happy snapping