Options

SOLD: Feisol CT-3442 and Kirk BH-3

GroovyGeekGroovyGeek Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
edited August 19, 2010 in The Kitchen Sink
Sold locally
==========
I am selling two items

• Feisol CT-3442 Tournament Class tripod. This is a 4-section carbon fiber tripod from Feisol's top "Tournament" line. I am told that Feisol has two versions of this tripod, this is the older one without the anti-rotation legs, purchased around 2 years ago. I am asking for $220 FIRM. The tripod is in good shape. It shows minor cosmetic wear from outdoor use, mostly surface scratches on the lower leg sections. I am also missing a rubber cap from one of the legs, I have requested a replacement from Feisol and will provide it to the buyer. The sale includes everything you would get with a new tripod --- the legs, carrying case, and small hook for the base to hang an optional weight.
  • Kirk BH-3 Ballhead. The well regarded compact head from Kirk, retails for $275+$10 S&H. I am asking for $200 FIRM. Excellent condition with no visible signs of wear. The ballhead is small enough to allow the legs to fold back onto the base for a very reasonable collapsed length of 19", no disassembly required.

The two make a great travel combo that is sufficient for a prosumer DSLR body with a moderately heavy telephoto lens such as 80-200/2.8. Selling to fund the purchase of a Series-3 Gitzo ($$$).

Prices are net to me (check, USPS money order, Paypal e-check, etc) and do NOT include shipping. I will charge you actual shipping cost or $20, whichever is lower. Will give preference to buyers who want both the legs and the head. Will post pics tomorrow. I don't have much feedback here, but you can look me up on NikonCafe, FM, and eBay under the same username.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 18, 2010
    Images

4905672773_d7fc58abaa.jpg

4906261114_9dd64706d4.jpg

The missing rubber cap, today Feisol confirmed that they are shipping me a replacement that I will provide to the buyer

4905672811_675901e755.jpg

The light scratches on the lower sections of the legs

4906261060_56351b8396.jpg

4906261088_320a7cb1f0.jpg
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2010
    Is it really just 54" (4' 6"...) with out center column?
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    rsquaredrsquared Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »

Sounds about right... Just under 19" 'folded length' means you're probably getting about 15" extension per segment...times 4 segments is 60" and that's for a leg at a 25 degree angle from vertical...oddly enough calculates to exactly 54" vertical. (I was guessing at the 15" extension, but it looks pretty accurate)
    Rob Rogers -- R Squared Photography (Nikon D90)
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2010
    Art Scott wrote: »

Just measured it, it is 54.5" from the floor to the top of the base plate, and 59" to the top of the ballhead. I am 6'1" tall and with the camera in place I do have to bend my back a bit to look through the viewfinder.

Most of the time I shoot with an angle finder, even when the camera is not on a tripod, and actually end up not fully extending the bottom sections, but I can see how this can be somewhat of a nuisance for a big guy. The primary use for this tripod was always "light travel", usually in some city, where some reasonably solid support was better than no support. This is not quite as solid as a Gitzo 1227, though it is not flimsy by any stretch of the imagination. I have shot 10-15s exposures with it at the coast without any particular issues. It is also A LOT more compact than a Gitzo 1227, particularly with the legs folded over the ballhead.