Options

Tree Rat...

M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
edited September 2, 2010 in Wildlife
OK, this might not be an award winning shot, but it was one of the first with my new 24-70 f/2.8. You know, when you have one of those "wow" moments from an upgrade in glass?. This was one for me.

Thoughts?

986034960_p4NB8-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Wow, 108 views and no comments?

How's a new guy supposed to start the learning process if he doesn't get any feedback good or bad from those who know this much better then me?

I went from Nikons 18-200VR to their 24-70 f/2.8 and noticed a huge difference. Sure, I think the background is a bit noisey, and maybe he's a tad dark on the right side. But what I wanted was some real professional comment so I can try to do it better next time.

It's just a squirrel. He won't bite......:D

• Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2010
    M38A1 wrote: »
    Wow, 108 views and no comments?

How's a new guy supposed to start the learning process if he doesn't get any feedback

How many images of others did you comment on?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 1, 2010
    Cute! Nice and sharp. I love the framing here. :D
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Ric Grupe wrote: »
    How many images of others did you comment on?headscratch.gif

That's a good observation and my response is probably less than a dozen spread out across various Cool Shots sub-forums.

That small number is primarily due to a couple things to include I don't believe I yet have the skills necessary to critique others. With a low post count, and still trying to absorb via my continuous lurking mode, I'm not sure I can add constructively. I know what I like and don't like, but I don't know if that would provide benefit or not. I sort of feel like a Catch-22.

I'm just in awe of what the folks on this board create and don't believe I'm even in the ballpark to comment. But I can try.... How's that?

• Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    That's a good observation and my response is probably less than a dozen spread out across various Cool Shots sub-forums.

That small number is primarily due to a couple things to include I don't believe I yet have the skills necessary to critique others. With a low post count, and still trying to absorb via my continuous lurking mode, I'm not sure I can add constructively. I know what I like and don't like, but I don't know if that would provide benefit or not. I sort of feel like a Catch-22.

I'm just in awe of what the folks on this board create and don't believe I'm even in the ballpark to comment. But I can try.... How's that?

No credentials are needed.rolleyes1.gif

Just what you think or like or dislike...:D

BTW...you will come to learn that squirrel pics will bring the wrath of the friendly mod (Harryb) down on you!!! wings.gif
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    No credentials are needed.rolleyes1.gif

Just what you think or like or dislike...:D

BTW...you will come to learn that squirrel pics will bring the wrath of the friendly mod (Harryb) down on you!!! wings.gif

Thanks.... It's always hard to break into a new forum.

As for squirrels, they just seem easy to shoot at my place. Now my friend on the other hand really shoots them.
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2010
    Now my friend on the other hand really shoots them.

Harry would like your friend! :D
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2010
    Harry would like your friend! :D

nod.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    edited September 2, 2010
    Harryb wrote: »
    nod.gif

Another of those "ah-ha" moments as I saw your link in the sig-line. :D