Options

Amanda

Jeremy WinterbergJeremy Winterberg Registered Users Posts: 1,233 Major grins
edited September 15, 2010 in People
Some from a recent session I did with an old friend of mine. She's an aspiring photographer who needed some profile shots for her website. She likes them, she's happy, I'm happy with them, oh yeah.. today's my birthday so go easy and leave me some blog love!

All shot with my new child: the Nikkor 105mm f/2D-DC AF a birthday gift to myself, the other gift to myself was a Vegabond II that hasn't arrived yet.

http://jeremydwayne.com/?p=678

Teaser:
DSC_3536.jpg
Jer

Comments

• Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2010
    Wow Jeremy. You're work has much improved. There are quite a few shots in this series that I like. I also like the processing. Very consistent throughout and nicely done. I did notice a few shots seemed soft in the face and eyes to me. Not sure if it's my monitor or the fact that I've only been awake for 45 minutes but they appear at of focus where they shouldn't.

Overall, great set. BTW, not sure but I think I like the other version of the photo you posted better - the one with more DOF.
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    Wow Jeremy. You're work has much improved. There are quite a few shots in this series that I like. I also like the processing. Very consistent throughout and nicely done. I did notice a few shots seemed soft in the face and eyes to me. Not sure if it's my monitor or the fact that I've only been awake for 45 minutes but they appear at of focus where they shouldn't.

Overall, great set. BTW, not sure but I think I like the other version of the photo you posted better - the one with more DOF.

The soft ones are soft because my lens was set to an incorrect defocus control setting.. I'm kicking myself because of that. My neighbor was playing around with it and didn't change it back to the normal setting. I wanted to reshoot those but she was still happy with them, so I'm not worrying about it.

Thanks! Always good to hear I'm improving!
    Jer
  • Options
    reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    Nice portraits I agree and yes they are soft but if your client is happy then no worries as you mentioned :-)
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    kris10jokris10jo Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    You've captured her smile beautifully. Nice work!

I've been eyeing the 105 micro as well; no big hurry, but someday, hopefully. How are you liking it?
    Kristen
  • Options
    kris10jo wrote: »

I've been eyeing the 105 micro as well; no big hurry, but someday, hopefully. How are you liking it?

If it's anything like the 60, it's more than amazing :-)
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    kris10jo wrote: »

its not the 105 micro, its the 105mm f/2 DC.. TOTALLY different lens. http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/222-nikkor-af-105mm-f2-d-dc-review--test-report

This is a portrait lens, one of the best by nikon, not a macro..
    Jer
  • Options
    its not the 105 micro, its the 105mm f/2 DC.. TOTALLY different lens. http://www.photozone.de/Reviews/222-nikkor-af-105mm-f2-d-dc-review--test-report

This is a portrait lens, one of the best by nikon, not a macro..

Most interesting, I have never heard of that lens but now you have my curiosity....
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Options
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Most interesting, I have never heard of that lens but now you have my curiosity....

yeah, it was released back in 1993 and is still in production. I got mine used for $800, worth every penny if not more! The bokeh is sooo nice! obviously you can see this in the pictures I took.
    Jer