Options

FS: Canon EOS 40D with 17-85 IS lens

Dreamer77Dreamer77 Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited October 18, 2010 in House of Canon
Selling my Canon 40D for cash towards new body. Camera is in excellent condition. Have all original paperwork and packaging. Lens cap has been replaced. Includes a UV filter that has been on the lens since day one. Looking for best offer but nothing under $750 if possible. Paypal only. I have tons of pics of glass and camera close up. I'm new to Dgrin and don't know how to get more than one photo uploaded.

Here's my website www.reedsphotography.net I'm legit and would not give myself a bad reputation over $800.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 21, 2010
    Can anyone tell me a fair price on this? I am so impatient about getting my new camera body and my husband will not let me finance it w/o money down. :(
  • Options
    tanglefoot47tanglefoot47 Registered Users Posts: 154 Major grins
    I think your price is very fair actually I see a 40D going for 500 to 600 all the time and the 17-85 go from 250 to 350 with 350 pretty max out. Do you have any idea how many clicks are on the shutter? If so that would help your sale if they are low enough
  • Options
    JapersJapers Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    Agreed. I'm looking for a 40D (body only) right now and I'm seeing price between anywhere $300-$600, with the 17-85, $750 is very fair..
  • Options
    Clicks are 39790. (For the 40D kit currently listed) It's mint and works great. A new shutter from Canon is about $200. From what I've researched online people get 80K plus clicks out of these. I guess it depends on how well they are taken care of.
  • Options
    Japers wrote: »
    Agreed. I'm looking for a 40D (body only) right now and I'm seeing price between anywhere $300-$600, with the 17-85, $750 is very fair..

I own another 40D (body only). I can hook it up to the lap top tomorrow and check the shutter count. Would you be interested? I can take photos of it as well. Have original packaging.
  • Options
    JapersJapers Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    Yes. Possibly.. I am currently switching from Pentax to Canon and selling off my gear to pay off the new gear. The same as you I suppose, heh. Please let me know a shutter count, condition, photos, etc and we'll discuss. :D
  • Options
    Yes. Possibly.. I am currently switching from Pentax to Canon and selling off my gear to pay off the new gear. The same as you I suppose, heh. Please let me know a shutter count, condition, photos, etc and we'll discuss. :D

Will do tomorrow afternoon. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited September 22, 2010
    Photos requested

Shutter count for my other BODY ONLY is 79k and I am continuing to use as I am keeping the kit shutter down to a minimum. New shutters around $200 from Canon though so something to weigh when making the purchase.

Condition is excellent. No problems, no scratches. I use it for my business and you can check out my work at www.reedsphotography.net to see the images caputured with my 40D's. Wasn't even considering selling but you mentioned you were looking for a body only and this camera was purchased new as a body only. I only buy from B&H so my equipment is not aftermarket.

Have all original packaging, cords, software, battery, strap as pictured.

Asking $500 plus $25 insured/trackable shipping CONUS. Paypal only. Please let me know in the next 2 business days as I am considering putting it in the dgrin market for sale.

Thank you for your interest.
  • Options
    starzstarz Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    What is the lense that comes with the first camera, is it what came with the body when you bought it?
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2010
    starz wrote: »
    What is the lense that comes with the first camera, is it what came with the body when you bought it?

Yes, it was a kit. Have all original packing material and warranties. Was purchased from B&H Photo.

Still for sale. Ebay buyer did not pay.