Options

vote for challenge 14 theme

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited June 3, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
vote here for challenge 14 theme.

what should be the theme for challenge 14? 26 votes

who are the people in your neighborhood?
30% 8 votes
trees
26% 7 votes
song titles
11% 3 votes
extremeties (hands and / or feet)
11% 3 votes
things in threes
19% 5 votes

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2004
    I'm getting scared! Even though I voted for it, this will mean walking up to strangers. This will be particularly challenging because both of my neighbors are absent more than they're present. Until now, that was a positive.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2004
    damn !!!!!! I thought it said 'things in trees'
  • Options
    edited May 30, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm getting scared! Even though I voted for it, this will mean walking up to strangers. This will be particularly challenging because both of my neighbors are absent more than they're present. Until now, that was a positive.
    Just stare 'em down sid me lad.....they will sit like a roo caught in a spotlight.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited May 31, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Two words. Long Lens.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited May 31, 2004
    TWEEEEEETTTTT !!!!!!!!

Im callin' foul on the " squashed L2 lumbar disc & pentazocine rule " & am going to find something in a tree to photograph. Thats what i thought was listed & thats what i will do, it sounded like such a great idea.

Carry on please....
  • Options
    ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2004
    Ask three of your neighbors to climb a tree and model their hands and feet while singing a variety of songs and your picture will work no matter which theme wins... :D
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2004
    Nup...neighbors wont make eye contact with me...i'll find it, dont worry & you will all be sorry.

3727308-S.jpg
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    edited June 1, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    as oppsed to things in pairs or groups of four????????
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    SavannahManSavannahMan Registered Users Posts: 142 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2004
    Going to be hunting for people in my neighborhood in trees.....
  • Options
    dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2004
    Wow, tough one. I am moving this week!

Doug
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2004
    So am I correct in assuming the theme is People in your Neighborhood, and the challenge starts today¿
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    So am I correct in assuming the theme is People in your Neighborhood, and the challenge starts today¿
    Raring to go, are we?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2004

i will start the new challenge after the present one concludes (voting ends tonight nyc time)

patience ;-)
  • Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    Ahhhh... people in my neighborhood hide from each other. This will be tough, but I just got my 75-300, so I can hide from them :-)
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    I have a 70-300 IS, but that is not enough for me
    I am afraid to go outside if my neighbor is doing yardwork. We live in townhouses, so I am pretty upclose to my neighbor. I had an idea, I could get my husband to bring home the muslim background that ............
    I can't tell you my ideas, but if I don't use it, I might as well tell someone. I have to do a baptism this weekend. Is my church over on the island, but close, is that "my neighborhood"? What is defined as neighborhood? Are we on an honor code? Shaking in my boots here, about to take another Xanax. And speaking of drugs. Lynn, how are you?? Are you still with us? How about the person with the hurt back?

Can I just take pictures of me?? I live in my neighborhood??
    ginger, whose dogs live here, too.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2004
    ohhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I am afraid to go outside if my neighbor is doing yardwork. We live in townhouses, so I am pretty upclose to my neighbor. I had an idea, I could get my husband to bring home the muslim background that ............
    I can't tell you my ideas, but if I don't use it, I might as well tell someone. I have to do a baptism this weekend. Is my church over on the island, but close, is that "my neighborhood"? What is defined as neighborhood? Are we on an honor code? Shaking in my boots here, about to take another Xanax. And speaking of drugs. Lynn, how are you?? Are you still with us? How about the person with the hurt back?

Can I just take pictures of me?? I live in my neighborhood??
    ginger, whose dogs live here, too.

neighborhood is very loose. we have ozzie members here of dgrin, and their nearest neighbor could be 100 miles away rolleyes1.gif

wait for the challenge thread, i have some suggestions for you all
  • Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2004
    What is neighborhood????
    neigh·bor·hood Pronunciation Key (namacr.gifprime.gifbschwa.gifr-hoobreve.gifdlprime.gif)
    n.
    1. A district or area with distinctive characteristics: a neighborhood of fine homes; an ethnic neighborhood.
    2. The people who live near one another or in a particular district or area: The noise upset the entire neighborhood.
    3. The surrounding area; vicinity: happened to be in the neighborhood.
    4. Informal. Approximate amount or range: in the neighborhood of five million dollars.
    5. Friendliness appropriate to a neighbor: a feeling of neighborhood.
    6. Mathematics. The set of points surrounding a specified point, each of which is within a certain, usually small distance from the specified point.
    To me, Neighborhood is anywhere you find yourself on a regular basis. The area around your office, commute to work, hometown, parents hometown, all are neighborhoodsof which you are part of. I have some interesting ideas, but will I have the oppertuntiy in the next 10 days to pull any of them off, who knows. I really need a good flash today for one of these ideas 11doh.gif
  • Options
    edited June 3, 2004
    Okay, going out on a limb I will regret here. My last name is Rodgers. Who are the people in my neighborhood¿?¿? rolleyes1.gif

That was a "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood" joke people.....

hello....?