Options

Two more accessory suggestions needed.

FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
edited September 25, 2010 in Accessories
Greetings all.
Yet again, asking for the pro opinion.

1) Now that I have two bodies, I need to figure out the most efficient and comfortable way to carry those..

bodies are gripped 300s and 700.. Who likes what?
i've seen some body armor looking frames, but i am not sure how I feel about those.
any input?

2) Memory cards are getting expensive.. so I want to see if I can find a decent memory card back up device.. I would like it to be portable, so I could just stick the card in it, and have it back the data up.. it has to work with mac.

any suggestions?
thank you in advance.
Arseny - the too honest guy.
My Site
My Facebook

Comments

• Options
    edited September 23, 2010
    ugh..bump?
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    OPTECH Dual Harness
    I use an OPTECH Dual harness with a pair of cameras and it works great. The rig places the weight of the cameras/lenses across my shoulders rather than around my neck. It also doesn't cost a king's ransom.

http://optechusa.com/dual-harness.html

However, I add a cheap, lightweight carabiner clip to the side adjustment straps of my shooting vest. I attach a carabiner to each camera's strap if I am going to run or do any climbing. This way, the camera doesnt swing away from my body. If I am not wearing a photo vest, I attach the carabiner to a belt loop of my trousers.

I am 6'2" and 220 pounds so I purchased the extra long dual harness. I think that I could have gotten away using the regular harness.
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    http://CottonCarrier.com

I've tried one but found it a bit awkward, but worth a look.

http://Blackrapid.com has two body configuration. I have the R7 for a single camera and find it very comfortable, even with a Canon 70-200 on the camera body.

Foques wrote: »
    Greetings all.
    Yet again, asking for the pro opinion.

1) Now that I have two bodies, I need to figure out the most efficient and comfortable way to carry those..

bodies are gripped 300s and 700.. Who likes what?
    i've seen some body armor looking frames, but i am not sure how I feel about those.
    any input?

2) Memory cards are getting expensive.. so I want to see if I can find a decent memory card back up device.. I would like it to be portable, so I could just stick the card in it, and have it back the data up.. it has to work with mac.

any suggestions?
    thank you in advance.
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2010
    thank you.

Dan, I am looking into black rapid, but wanted to see if there is anything else on the market that I am just not aware of.

That cotton carrier was not comfortable at all - a friend of mine owns one.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,915 moderator
    rpcrowe wrote: »
    I use an OPTECH Dual harness with a pair of cameras and it works great. The rig places the weight of the cameras/lenses across my shoulders rather than around my neck. It also doesn't cost a king's ransom.

http://optechusa.com/dual-harness.html

15524779-Ti.gif This is the system I'll be getting.

http://www.amazon.com/OpTech-Dual-Harness-Strap-Regular/dp/B002IUQ180/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1285340395&sr=1-1
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    Cards are getting expensive? eek7.gif Your two bodies are almost $4000(B&H) and you want to skimp on cards? For the price of a decent portable you could get another 32GB(16x2) of Sandisk Extreme 400x on top of what you already have.

Portable storage can brake/fail/get lost/stolen, do you really want just one copy of your pics on the drive if that were to happen? Even if you use a card wallet and lose that you still have the images on the cards in the cameras.

Buy more cards.
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • Options
    Yeah, i'd rather take risk of solid state drive failing on me than paying 400$/16Gb card...
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    20DNoob20DNoob Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    If your even entertaining the idea of $400 for a 16GB card I'd hate to know what you paid for the rest of your gear.

You need to shop elsewhere if your paying $400 for 16GB cards!

Sandisk 16GB Extreme 400x speed cards are $95 after a $30 MIR.
    Christian.

5D2/1D MkII N/40D and a couple bits of glass.
  • Options
    link, please?
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Options
    InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2010
    Don't buy the super UDMA cards and you'll find the regular cards are much cheaper. Your camera's buffer is so big anyway that surely you'll be able to wait 2-3 seconds after a 20 shot burst (on my 700 that's what I can get when shooting RAW 14bit images) And honestly, i can't imagine why you'd need to shoot 20 shot bursts.

Just my two cents.