Options

Pictures of boredom/ boring pics

MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
edited October 15, 2010 in Street and Documentary
No need to tell me these are boring and pointless. I already know. It's a compulsion or something. :dunno

1. "Why did my folks drag me here?!"
1045549484_oGnhE-L-1.jpg

2. Waiting patiently.
1045586107_kCYLx-L-1.jpg

3. Getting the old stink-eye again.
1045555123_aVufg-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2010
    Well your compulsion is full blown ! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 14, 2010
    Hmm... Well, OK, your critical sense seems to be in good working order. That's a huge step in the right direction. Now you need to find something interesting to shoot. The good news is that there's plenty of stuff out there. deal.gif
  • Options
    tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    nr2 is not that bad i think, it's easy on the eye and got nice light.
  • Options
    NyarthlopicNyarthlopic Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    I think that #1 has some really good potential, but there's so much going on that, without the title, it's hard to tell what the subject is. Maybe bring it in closer to where it's just the girl and the display. Lose as much off the top as you can while still keeping the display intact (doesn't necessarily have to be 100% there, but enough to be able to tell what it is that she's not looking at). Or heck, tell a completely different story. If it was *just* the girl in the pic (no display, etc), having her face buried like that may be a compelling image..."what's the matter, kiddo?"

I like #2. It's very simple, no doubt what/who the subject is. I also think it's kind of funny. Someone who is waiting, reading something right by a restroom sign? Priceless. How long has this guy's friend been in the can?!
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2010
    @Richard: ever watch One Hour Photo? Sometimes pictures of the dull can be preferable ... mwink.gif

I do admit to a fondness for #2. He was bored, and had a brochure. I was bored, but I had a camera. :lol

Perhaps a more exciting subject?

#4. The Punch.
    1046933085_LTBH3-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2010
    I will echo Richard's comments. I spend much time in airports and have found that simply watching and looking at things I can find something to shoot. Part of it is that I like shooting architecture and geometric patterns. However just seeing the options that are there can be the key part. I do like #2 as it captures the boredom of waiting for someone else to exit the restroom.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited October 15, 2010
    #4: That's more like it. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 15, 2010
    Richard wrote: »
    #4: That's more like it. thumb.gif

:lol
  • Options
    misterbmisterb Banned Posts: 601 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    All of these shots give me the "stink eye".. they say nothing in particular.