Options

Tailgaters...snapshots....a few

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 28, 2010 in People
We joined our daughter's sorority for family day at their campus last weekend. She informed us she will graduate early....woohooo!!!:clap:clap:clap

1066330630_fjtg7-XL.jpg

1066326854_rYD5U-XL.jpg

1066323441_T67Qz-M.jpg

1066327684_8sUWv-M.jpg

1066331437_YQX4j-M.jpg

...and ...a few of the shots we used for a recent model search contest that she won...

832646695_oFavL-L.jpg

832647792_kFyRv-XL.jpg

832645241_YdQj5-L.jpg

832647181_ci3aj-XL.jpg

...and a couple for Elaine that have nothing to do with anything else in this thread...:rofl

Can you spot the Michell - esque studio?

1023029023_5LpXD-M.jpg

1023036187_Lpmrv-M.jpg

1023037318_8yNHZ-M.jpg

1023034417_W6AjL-M.jpg

1023035060_Ack86-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    jeffreaux2 wrote: »
    ...and ...a few of the shots we used for a recent model search contest that she won...
    We can see why she won; there's no denying her beauty and your talent.clap.gif

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Wonderful, as always ... no big surprise she won the model contest, she is gorgeous!!! And wowzy Jeff!!! Is that your new house (or rather "castle")?? Beauuuuuutiful!! iloveyou.gif

(p.s., can't wait to see your garage shots :D )
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Nice captures from school, and gorgeous shots there for the competition. Congratulations to you both on her win. What did she win as a result?
    Nice house. Looks like some great light in there ;-)
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Wonderful, as always ... no big surprise she won the model contest, she is gorgeous!!! And wowzy Jeff!!! Is that your new house (or rather "castle")?? Beauuuuuutiful!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks...but its really not that big.ne_nau.gif We did want to be sure we had enough bedrooms to keep our daughters in separate rooms when they are home and still have a spare for guests. At our age and especially our parents age we wanted to be prepared in case we need to take in a permanent house guest. So 4/3....but still ....we dont have basements down here. What you see is what you get!

Im dyin to shoot in the garage!
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010
    adbsgicom wrote: »
    Nice captures from school, and gorgeous shots there for the competition. Congratulations to you both on her win. What did she win as a result?
    Nice house. Looks like some great light in there ;-)

I used flash on many of the interior pics, but it is pretty open and airy in there.

She won a full day shoot at a studio in a city near where she goes to school. Hair, nails, make up, clothing a nd jewelry were provided for the shoot. The contest was for a locally owned jewelry store. They also awarded her a sizeable gift certificate at the store. Her face will adorn a handfull of billboards between Houma La and New Orleans La. Ill have to get a shot of one when they go up. Other advertising also I suppose.ne_nau.gif

I haven been able to see the shots, but she said she liked some of them a lot...and shes picky...so....thumb.gif
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Yay!!! Lovely candids, gorgeous model shots of your stunning daughter and a beautiful house!!! Have fun shooting in that garage! Thank you for sharing! thumb.gif I love seeing new homes.
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010

...and Im trying to call the number on your website from my phone...225 area code.... let me through!!!rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    ...and Im trying to call the number on your website from my phone...225 area code.... let me through!!!rolleyes1.gif

If you're trying to bribe her to come down here, we have GOT to get together!!!

But only if she brings Anya :)
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010

Geeezzzz, and I was wondering what kind of shady number that is rolleyes1.gif I'll try again later thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    So... is this a complete location move? I got the feeling you were just "downsizing" now all the kids are at college, but when I look at that house it seems to be anything but petite and bijou rolleyes1.gif And yeah. Garage. I may have to hate you. ~pout~ I want a garage tooooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry rolleyes1.gif

ETA: ANd this is #1 or #2 daughter? I'm thinking #2, but... isn't she the one who's camera shy?
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010

You are cracking me up rolleyes1.giflust
    divamum wrote: »
    Garage. I may have to hate you. ~pout~ I want a garage tooooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry rolleyes1.gif

+1 ... been "window shopping" for houses, and every time I looked at the garage I had to think of Mitchel rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010
    divamum wrote: »
    So... is this a complete location move? I got the feeling you were just "downsizing" now all the kids are at college, but when I look at that house it seems to be anything but petite and bijou rolleyes1.gif And yeah. Garage. I may have to hate you. ~pout~ I want a garage tooooooooooooooooo!!!! :cry rolleyes1.gif

ETA: ANd this is #1 or #2 daughter? I'm thinking #2, but... isn't she the one who's camera shy?

This is my oldest. Anything but camera shy.mwink.gif

We werent really looking to downsize. We were looking for more room for entertaining...living, dining, kitchen space.....to keep up with our family that is soon to be growing again! It is a little farther out of town than where we live now....but better access to the freeway. Smaller yard.:D
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010

Nah just sharing the trials and tribulations of the real estate world. :D
  • Options
    edited October 27, 2010

+1 ... been "window shopping" for houses, and every time I looked at the garage I had to think of Mitchel rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Im excited about garage shooting, but the window size and placement will also be good for indoor shots during daylight hours family gatherings.

...and we should be ashamed of ourselves......looking at a home based on it's "possibilities" for light and portraits....lolrolleyes1.gif

What a buncha light nerds we areeek7.gif

...Angie it was great talking to you and I wish you all the best....sincerely!thumb.gif
  • Options
    l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010

...and we should be ashamed of ourselves......looking at a home based on it's "possibilities" for light and portraits....lolrolleyes1.gif

HA!!! Don't think that's not insanely high on my priority list when we get around to moving. Good schools, three bedrooms and of COURSE great lighting. Maybe not in that order!
    Agnieszka wrote:

Glad I could be of service!
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2010
    Oooooh gorgeous house! And daughter! And photos! Congrats on the early graduation! I sure hope my kids turn out just as accomplished.
  • Options
    VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    No shame in admiring good light when you see it. You are surrounded by beautiful women, and you do them justice.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010

If we are ever in a position to move again, it will be ALL about light... and at least one room (or garage :D) that's useable as a studio!
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2010
    Phi Mu
    Hey! I dated a Phi Mu for a couple years in college. As a matter of fact, my nickname at the Lambda Chi house was "Phi Mu" 'cause I could always get dates for my brothers! Great shots, Jeff.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2010
    Oooooh gorgeous house! And daughter! And photos! Congrats on the early graduation! I sure hope my kids turn out just as accomplished.

Thanks Fred....I sure have missed you!:D

...and wondered have you been watching "Swamp People" on History Channel. I can now finally understand what you meant when you said all of Alaska is not like it is depicted on the TV shows. I think they searched long and hard for the characters on that program. It does show our wetlands though...in all their glory!thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2010
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    No shame in admiring good light when you see it. You are surrounded by beautiful women, and you do them justice.

You are too sweet!

Thanks for commenting.

Now...was that wedding any harder than anything else you ever photographed?:D
  • Options
    edited October 28, 2010
    Icebear wrote: »
    Hey! I dated a Phi Mu for a couple years in college. As a matter of fact, my nickname at the Lambda Chi house was "Phi Mu" 'cause I could always get dates for my brothers! Great shots, Jeff.

Our daughters go to separate universities, but both somehow joined Phi Mu. We encouraged my oldest because she was so far from home and knew no one. It was a God send for her to have friends whose families lived near her campus when some of our stronger hurricanes have rolled through. It keeps them both busy, and they are networked to thousands of sisters.

It was pins and needles while we waited for our youngest to decide which sorority she wanted to join. Now they say they share a "double bond" of sisterhood.

I get a little freaked out with the talking in uinison...(Ive seen those movies)...but it is all in all a positive thing for the girls.

987419537_5hinM-M.jpg

987406034_BhHf9-M.jpg