Options

Help! Gallery pricing.

emiliewasmyeveemiliewasmyeve Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited November 9, 2010 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I've used SmugMug for a few years to sell family portraits during the winter.

I have recently made galleries with the same pricing as always. Even though I have Lustre images marked for no sale, they are showing up as the base price for my clients. I just realized this and I'm worried that some clients have placed orders in the past couple of days with my getting zero profit.

The "lustre" section is COMPLETELY blank and it is still offering that product to my clients at the base cost. What do I do???

Comments

• Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    Actually, if you look at all of the galleries I added today in my "proofs" section (http://danielleaquilinephoto.smugmug.com), you'll see that they all have the prices I set for a select number of products PLUS they offer the lustre prints in every size at the base price. Is this a glitch?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2010
    Hi Emily, set the lustre prices to $0 so they won't be offered for sale.
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2010
    It's not letting me "apply pricing" to lustre images. So, I'm having to individually set the prices for every single gallery (I have 30 galleries).
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2010
    When you get a chance, please let me know how to remedy this problem. Again, I've been setting prices in SmugMug galleries for several years. Now, I've had to lock families out of their galleries because it is not "applying" pricing.

I am having to individuall set the prices for every single gallery. What's the problem?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    When you get a chance, please let me know how to remedy this problem. Again, I've been setting prices in SmugMug galleries for several years. Now, I've had to lock families out of their galleries because it is not "applying" pricing.

I am having to individuall set the prices for every single gallery. What's the problem?

Hi Emilie, something's not right for sure - you should be able to apply the prices. Please write us http://smugmug.com/help/emailreal let us assist you personally from the help desk thanks.
  • Options
    NostalgicDadNostalgicDad Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Hi Emilie, something's not right for sure - you should be able to apply the prices. Please write us http://smugmug.com/help/emailreal let us assist you personally from the help desk thanks.

For what it's worth, I also experienced a pricing issue yesterday. I have always set prices in one gallery then use that gallery to price other newly created galleries in a sub-category, never any problems. However, when doing some price tweaking yesterday, I applied the new prices to a particular gallery, then went to choose the multiple galleries (3 of them from the same sub-category). After saving the pricing, every item that had been "zero" to disallow purchases suddenly became blank, which therefore made them available at my portfolio pricing. I discovered this when reviewing an order that someone placed for a glossy print which I never make available for purchases. I had to go back and manually price each of those 3 galleries, albeit easily done using a custom price of "0" for all "empty" items.

I didn't open a case at that time since I had to quickly fix it and there would be no evidence for the hero to look at while it was happening.
  • Options
    jcimageworksjcimageworks Registered Users Posts: 40 Big grins
    edited November 9, 2010
    Just thought I'd throw this out there. I had a major problem with pricing just a couple weeks ago. I would set the prices I wanted, they would look like they updated, I would log out and go to my site like a customer and found that the new prices were not reflected. After doing this process a jillion times trying to identify what I was doing wrong, it hit me.....Remeber the pricing hiearchy. Print trumps gallery, gallery trumps portfolio. I was trying to apply portfolio pricing to every gallery I had, but some had individual print pricing applied, so that's what it went with. By setting portfolio pricing to what I wanted it to be, then making sure BOTH gallery pricing AND print pricing was CLEARED, all galleries defaulted to my correct portfolio pricing. Clear as mud?