Options

Implementing a Gallery time limit, to press sales, and to also clear out galleries

Mark DickinsonMark Dickinson Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited January 26, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Hey guys,

I was interested in seeing if there were ways to implement a couple of items that may help out everyone for successful sales.

Daniella (KoontzPhotography) and I were talking about how sales work, and that some of her clients have a 'laziness' about them when ordering. I want to have galleries expire, and automatically expire based on a date input. Manually It would be a LOT of work for me to go through each gallery, keep record of upload date and expire them.

A feature that would be nice is;

Good until, or expires (ability to set it to expire, delete, or go unlisted)
a note int he gallery, print orders accepted by: date

Not that I want to force clients to get in and order, but the 'fear of loss' is a sales tactic that photographers are using. Is this a possiblity?

Thoughts and inputs from other photographers trying to excel in post print sales would be great!

Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2011
    Set prices 30% higher. Issue a coupon for 30% off for that gallery with an expiration date on the coupon.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    jfriend wrote: »
    Set prices 30% higher. Issue a coupon for 30% off for that gallery with an expiration date on the coupon.

I have tried that, most people still are not too pressured to buy even with a discount, they still take time, and the biggest problem for me is that I tell them it lasts 90 days for the gallery, but I just can't get in there to actually delete them or verify when they will be taken down (having to dig through contracts, emails etc).

It wouldn't be practical for me because Id have to do about 10 steps to create the coupon and send it out.
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    I have tried that, most people still are not too pressured to buy even with a discount, they still take time, and the biggest problem for me is that I tell them it lasts 90 days for the gallery, but I just can't get in there to actually delete them or verify when they will be taken down (having to dig through contracts, emails etc).

It wouldn't be practical for me because Id have to do about 10 steps to create the coupon and send it out.
    I was just trying to point out that an auto expiring coupon is a supported option now. Auto expiring galleries on Smugmug are not something that exists.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    Right I understand but that method didn't work for me sales productive wise. My brother used a photog who used photoreflect I think and they had 60 days before the gallery was gone. He and everyone made a big order towards the end fearing deletion. When I changed shoots to 15 day ordering it picked sales up like crazy. The problem is. That I sometimes do 5-6 shoots a week and to keep up with expiring galleries doesn't happen and they extend 15 days. I'm just trying to suggest it for an idea to be implemented. For those without a staff to delicate that to really could be beneficial
  • Options
    edited January 26, 2011
    Right I understand but that method didn't work for me sales productive wise. My brother used a photog who used photoreflect I think and they had 60 days before the gallery was gone. He and everyone made a big order towards the end fearing deletion. When I changed shoots to 15 day ordering it picked sales up like crazy. The problem is. That I sometimes do 5-6 shoots a week and to keep up with expiring galleries doesn't happen and they extend 15 days. I'm just trying to suggest it for an idea to be implemented. For those without a staff to delicate that to really could be beneficial
    Feature suggestions probably get more attention from Smugmug when filed here: http://feedback.smugmug.com.
    --John
    HomepagePopular