Options

DSS #72 - CC and idea brewing?

rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
edited March 18, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
These are two very quick edits to get some feedback about this idea. I always wonder what lurks under the bed? :scratch

Image 1 - Closer

1217828881_NsDVj-L.jpg

Image 2 - A little further away to get the idea more of under the bed...

1217830072_ZZQgX-L.jpg

I also have one that just a single foot and close, but didn't really care for it so I didn't post it.

Thoughts?
- Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
Canon 7D and not enough L glass....

Comments

• Options
    dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2011
    I like both... I thought of under the bed but knew I couldn't pull it off.

#1... It gives me the creeps like something is right there ready to grab you. It all stems back to The Trilogy of Terror's Zuni Fetish Doll. (http://www.trilogyofterror.com/) (Someone actually let me watch when I was young.) But really... I like it!

#2... The color is great on it. I like the warmer tomes to the wood under the bed. It feels more like the dog or cat is under the bed and watching you get up. I think if I had to choose I would pick this one.
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    Really good idea! Wish I would've thought of it. I think the first angle works better than the second. If you're gonna go wide and further back... get REALLY wide (in my opinion), because the dead-space isn't large enough and is a little distracting from the subject, rather than enhancing to the subject. (take that with a mouthful of salt).

My only other nit is the light and color. It's too... happy and nice for the feel of the pic, for me. I think #1 works better because the color is muted somewhat. I almost want to see something low-key, or in a really strong contrast B&W. Maybe even a split-tone, with the highlights tinted a little blue to give the effect of night, and the shadows tinted a greenish or something.

I usually have no clue what I'm talking about, so take all the above with the proper dosage of salt :D.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    maybe a pair of female feet to add a little spice and intrigue to the shot. mwink.gif
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    sunflowerstudiosunflowerstudio Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    But aren't those children's feet? I like the second shot because of the colors and the reflection on the wood floor. Keep the dust bunnies, though, in case you notice them and decide to edit.

I like odd crops, so I don't mind the crop in the 2nd, but it would be interestng to see if you could keep the colors & reflection and go wider. I guessing that's tough to do in your space though.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2011
    I like the idea, but it doesn't make me wonder what's under the bed because you are under there looking out. I think a face peeking under instead of feet might be more effective.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    konomaniackonomaniac Registered Users Posts: 335 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2011
    But aren't those children's feet?

I made the suggestion assuming they were adult feet. If they are children's feet, my suggestion is obviously null and void (unless adult feet are substituted in :D)
    --- Kono ---
    Pentax K-x and assorted lenses
  • Options
    rbustraenrbustraen Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited March 18, 2011
    They were my daughters feet and thus making your comment null and void, but suitable adult feet is a great suggestion, however I have a hard enough time taking pictures of the Mrs, let alone her feet! :D

I have a few other ideas brewing on this one, but don't know if I'll even have time to post in this challenge as work has taken me away from home for a while and I haven't had a chance to play with the PP on these or re-shoot some of the ideas I have.

Ah well, life happens.

- Randy
    - Randy

Photo Of The Day & My SmugMug Gallery
    Canon 7D and not enough L glass....