Options

I HATE the green text

GadgetnutterGadgetnutter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

Due to work committments, I had not logged into my Smugmug account for a while.

Imagine my horror when I logged in yesterday and there was green text everywhere :jawdrop

I think it looks awful. A quick search determined that I can't do anything about it except upgrade my account and then mess about with some sort of html hacking, something I have zero interest in doing

One of the reasons that I came to Smugmug was it's ease of use and attractive interface.....now I'm seriously considering putting my pics elsewhere.....I know that sounds a bit melodramatic, but I really hate all that green text!

Comments

• Options
    azazelazazel Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    put this in your style sheet

a.title, .title, .imgBorderOn {
    color: red;
    }
  • Options
    peestandinguppeestandingup Registered Users Posts: 489 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    azazel wrote:
    put this in your style sheet

a.title, .title, .imgBorderOn {
    color: red;
    }
    I think he is trying to say that he's a basic member, so he wont be able to customize anything.

BTW, I hated it when I first saw it, but its grown on me so much that I put it back in my cobranding. I think it shows up really nice against the black background. But, I know some hate it. I would give it a little time. I dont think its bad at all.
  • Options
    marlofmarlof Registered Users Posts: 1,833 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    These changes were caused by Phase 3 of the customization transition. Phase 4 seemingly is a work in progress, but if I'm not mistaken it will allow the use of themes even on Standard accounts. Quoting onethumb/Don
    Phase 4, though, will be the really interesting one. I’m going to break company policy just this once, and talk about a future feature. We’re calling it ‘Themes’ and we’re only just beginning to flesh out how it will work. The basic idea, though, is that all smugmug accounts - Standard included - will have access to ‘Themes’ on a per-gallery basis. Think ‘Birthday Party’, ‘Halloween’, ‘Tropical Vacation’, and the like. Your entire gallery would then take on that ‘Theme’.
    I don't know how much this will allow users with a Standard account to customize, but I gotta admit it sounds cool.
    enjoy being here while getting there
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    marlof wrote:
    These changes were caused by Phase 3 of the customization transition. Phase 4 seemingly is a work in progress, but if I'm not mistaken it will allow the use of themes even on Standard accounts. Quoting onethumb/Don

I don't know how much this will allow users with a Standard account to customize, but I gotta admit it sounds cool.

yes, and there's some talk about making it easy for any level account to change the text colors, too :D
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yes, and there's some talk about making it easy for any level account to change the text colors, too :D

Sorry, Andy, but not that I'm aware of. :)

Whatever Theme you've selected for a given gallery will affect the font color - choosing 'Halloween', for example, might have orange text. But it'll have other things, too, and you won't have control over it other than selecting the Theme.

I imagine there will be a handful of smugmug Themes, with the default being 'smugmug green', but probably also 'smugmug silver' along with 'smugmug blue', etc.

Power User and Pro accounts will be able to create their own Themes, Standard accounts will only have access to Themes smugmug builds and offers.

Don
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    Sorry, Andy, but not that I'm aware of. :)

Whatever Theme you've selected for a given gallery will affect the font color - choosing 'Halloween', for example, might have orange text. But it'll have other things, too, and you won't have control over it other than selecting the Theme.

I imagine there will be a handful of smugmug Themes, with the default being 'smugmug green', but probably also 'smugmug silver' along with 'smugmug blue', etc.

Power User and Pro accounts will be able to create their own Themes, Standard accounts will only have access to Themes smugmug builds and offers.

Don

thanks for the clarification, don. there's been so many advancements lately i must've just gotten flummoxed. thumb.gif