Options

Keywords stuck in indexing state

ashishpandeyashishpandey Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
edited May 2, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

A lot of my galleries seem to be stuck in indexing keywords from my images

An example: http://photography.ashish-pragya.com/Photography/Tai-Lam-Country-Park/6462633_w5XNN#413184749_HDxki

The following keywords appear correctly
hiking activity nature original places insect "hong kong" "tai lam country park"

The following keywords seem to be stuck in the Indexing state:
"meclehose trail section 9" rating 1star 2star

These are fairly old galleries, so it's not a case of an indexing that is currently going on

Also, it seems this affects only the old galleries, my recent uploads seem to be indexing fine. There are a lot of stuck galleries though, so I am wondering if the support staff can trigger some sort of refresh on all of my photos to fix this for once?

Also, had another question on keywords. The keywords come from my DAM workflow, and some keywords seem to come from hierarchy (e.g. places, rating etc). These have no useful meaning unless they are a part of hierarchy. Is there a way to:
1. either hide certain keywords that I don't want to see (both on photo and keyword search); or
2. ask smugmug to ignore certain predefined keywords from my uploads; or
3. go and delete a certain keyword from the account level so that it goes away from all my photos (I can tweak my workflow to do this cleanup after uploads if this is the only way)

EDIT: In fact I have also realized another discrepancy. Keywords of the form "rating: 1star" in the embedded metadata seems to have changed it's import behavior at some point. I now have photos which are tagged "rating 1star" (past uploads), and others from recent uploads tagged "rating" and "1star". This just messes up the keyword search functionality a bit :(
I don't mind either approach, but would prefer it to be consistent
Ashish
http://photography.ashishpandey.com
smugmug ID: ashishpandey (but I prefer my domain URL above :D)

Comments