Options

#75 second attempt - c&c please

oldtown_dreameroldtown_dreamer Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
edited May 2, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
went to one of the regional parks nearby looking for something specific that i saw last year. alas, the rains we had this winter pretty much insured the burned out patches from a few months ago are all covered in grass now...

but, i found other things.

bird or branch
dss75%20bird-M.jpg

the walkers or the path v1
dss%2075%20road%202-M.jpg

the walkers or the path v2
dss75%20road%201-M.jpg

as always, your input is greately apreciated.

- Diana

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2011
    They are all three good photos for what they are. But i think they are weak on theme.

1. If we take the Bird or branch and think about it, we'd most likely conclude that the branch came first.
    2. Same idea with the folks and their path, prob. the path.

1a. Take the Bird out of the equation and ask what came first: Terra Firma or Cosmos (this argument does continue)?
    1b. And what came first people or communion, etc?

So get a bit straighter regarding concepts and enjoy that shooting!

Incidentally, my biggest errors ALWAYS come from being too vague!
    tom wise
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    I prefer photo #2 for the comp, depth & color. Not sure what to say about the theme. I guess I see Sean pushing us to use our imaginations to develop new ways of looking at & photographing things with the themes, but it seems to me that in the voting, a good photo that may not be quite as on theme will do as well or better than a lesser photo that hits the theme right on target. So as long as you are pushing yourself with a good photo & can provide a reasonable link between that photo & the theme, you're good to go. Now as far as that reasonable link ... well, I think the theme this time really does require a title to aid the viewer to see what is being compared, unless the viewer is only going on the literal "What came first" which would throw many of the entries out by default (mine included! - in creating my entry, I attempted to make the viewer really think about what came first in the photo, & not sure I accomplished that since you can't see sound in a photo!). With that in mind, I could see photo #2 or #3 with a title something on the lines of "Friendship or the dog?"
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/