Options

#75 My idea...missing prop but need advice

MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
edited May 4, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well...I listed this under the actual thread...but here is my dilema...
I went to the Monkey house at the local zoo to get some shots. The lady would not let my husband bring in the Apple :dunno bummer...anyway..so I got this shot and uploaded it (I'm not great at photoshop just yet) so it is what it is for now...
276crop.jpg
BUT...then I saw this one...
and I thought it was better, because it's got my son, his father in the refelction and the Monkeys (ancestors ...if you will)
DSC_0277.JPG
I would crop it and play with coloring etc...
but which one would you use? I think I would call it...looking through time
Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2, 2011
    277glow.jpg
    Did this one with a glow, to insinuate a dreamy kinda feel...
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2011
    I think the glow helps the reflection show up better - cropping some off the left & top might help more (maybe put the reflection @ the left third). It seems a bit cluttered, but I think the crop would help that also, in addition to bringing the focus more on the child & reflection. To bring out your concept of the monkeys in the background, you could darken the two that are similarly positioned to the child & reflection.* With what looks to be a reflection of a window frame on the glass between both pairs, I could see a title on the lines of "Crossed paths".

*You could do this several different ways, here are a couple: Using layers, you could put the glow on the top layer & then selectively erase the monkeys off that layer so they would show through on the darker layer; or if you don't use layers but have a burn tool, you could use that on the monkeys, or play with some filters. Kinda depends on what pp software you are using.
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2011
    lkbart wrote: »
    I think the glow helps the reflection show up better - cropping some off the left & top might help more (maybe put the reflection @ the left third). It seems a bit cluttered, but I think the crop would help that also, in addition to bringing the focus more on the child & reflection. To bring out your concept of the monkeys in the background, you could darken the two that are similarly positioned to the child & reflection.* With what looks to be a reflection of a window frame on the glass between both pairs, I could see a title on the lines of "Crossed paths".

*You could do this several different ways, here are a couple: Using layers, you could put the glow on the top layer & then selectively erase the monkeys off that layer so they would show through on the darker layer; or if you don't use layers but have a burn tool, you could use that on the monkeys, or play with some filters. Kinda depends on what pp software you are using.

Thank you soooo soooo much for that help!!! I only wish I saw it before the deadline :cry
    I had to go and cook and iron and wash for that MONKEY in the reflection!! rolleyes1.gif