Options

Caracter problem

Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited May 15, 2011 in Bug Reporting
This started in the last few hours. Every non-English caracter is showing as some sort of gibberish.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Erick LErick L Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
  • Options
    RuSuRuSu Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Character/Symbol Problem!
    Absolutely SM must be having a problem & it's not just with non-English characters which are TOTALLY screwed up (ours are Russian & total gibberish), but also with certain symbols. Our home page previously had a 'dot' separating the NAV bar titles which are showing up as weird symbols. I tried deleting & reinstalling the code for this, but the same thing showed up. Even some of our English navigation is screwed up. SM is down at the moment - hope they're trying to fix this!!

Susan
    rusuphotography.com
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    All my bullets • are showing as â¢
    See album description
    http://www.photosbyat.com/Birds/Birding-2011-May/2011-05-11-Tower-Grove-Park/17011402_btCXc9
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited May 13, 2011
    I believe this is the same problem reported here.

--- Denise
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    All fixed - sorry for the problem!
  • Options
    W.W. WebsterW.W. Webster Registered Users Posts: 3,204 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    All fixed
    Andy

This gallery didn't get fixed! Is there a reason for this?

I corrected the caption for the first image (and it stayed fixed) but I can't get the 'replace' function to fix the others. As there are in excess of 1,000 images involved, I'd prefer not to be required to correct them all manually myself - I have other plans for this afternoon!

I've lodged a help call.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    Andy

This gallery didn't get fixed! Is there a reason for this?

I corrected the caption for the first image (and it stayed fixed) but I can't get the 'replace' function to fix the others. As there are in excess of 1,000 images involved, I'd prefer not to be required to correct them all manually myself - I have other plans for this afternoon!

I've lodged a help call.

Don't fix anything yourself. I'll make sure our sorcerers see this and we'll report back here when we have a fix. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 13, 2011
    Don't fix anything yourself. I'll make sure our sorcerers see this and we'll report back here when we have a fix. Thanks.
    Thanks. I didn't want to shortcut the process, but still let you know. I'll await a post back here.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    Thanks. I didn't want to shortcut the process, but still let you know. I'll await a post back here.

we don't think this is a bug on our side - would you like me to have a hero fix up your captions for you? Happy to do so.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2011
    we don't think this is a bug on our side
    Well I certainly didn't go through and change the captions for over 1,000 images by inserting the spurious character! And it did happen at the same time as the more general problem was being reported! eek7.gif
    would you like me to have a hero fix up your captions for you? Happy to do so.
    That would be much appreciated - thanks Andy. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    Well I certainly didn't go through and change the captions for over 1,000 images by inserting the spurious character! And it did happen at the same time as the more general problem was being reported! eek7.gif

That would be much appreciated - thanks Andy. thumb.gif

Should be fixed. Ross, how did you make those captions, precisely?
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    Should be fixed.
    thumb.gif
    Ross, how did you make those captions, precisely?
    Like all image captions on my site, they are the result of a combination of site-wide CSS together with HTML in the captions themselves. nod.gif
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    thumb.gif

Like all image captions on my site, they are the result of a combination of site-wide CSS together with HTML in the captions themselves. nod.gif

Where do you enter the captions? On your computer (how?) or on SmugMug using our tool? If our tool, do you type directly in the tool, or copy and paste?
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    Where do you enter the captions? On your computer (how?) or on SmugMug using our tool? If our tool, do you type directly in the tool, or copy and paste?
    If I'm adding an image to an existing gallery (for example, my blog), I copy and paste, then edit, an existing caption in the gallery. If I'm creating a new gallery, I copy a caption from another gallery, and adapt that!
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2011
    BTW I format gallery titles the same way - with site-wide CSS and HTML embedded in the titles themselves, then using an existing title as a template for a new one.