Options

The Shooter and the Model.

jirojiro Registered Users Posts: 1,865 Major grins
edited May 17, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
When we visited the Butterfly House inside the San Antonio Zoo, we came across this two young ladies doing a photo shoot. I immediately saw the idea of taking a shot of the lady photographer while she take some shots of the model and this is what I came up with. I think the model knew that I was taking some stolen shots but I guess she didn't mind. :)

5726411439_be337c1c7c_b.jpg

Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens at 38mm, Exposure at ISO 400, f4.2 at 1/320 second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode.
Sitting quietly, doing nothing. Spring comes and the grass grows by itself.

http://imagesbyjirobau.blogspot.com/

Comments

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 16, 2011
    Great shot and the conversion works really well. I love horning in on other people's shots like this. Here's one of mine.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Great shot and the conversion works really well. I love horning in on other people's shots like this. Here's one of mine.

Cheers,
    -joel

Thanks, Joel. So what are we now?... scavengers? Hehehe. Just kidding. :Dthumb.gif

• Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited May 16, 2011
    jiro wrote: »
    Thanks, Joel. So what are we now?... scavengers?
    Hmm, more like parasites. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited May 16, 2011
    kdog wrote: »
    Hmm, more like parasites. rolleyes1.gif

beer.gifthumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited May 17, 2011
    Think of it as recycling. :D I love it when it happens, and I've gotten some great shots that way.
  • Options
    MammaPaparazzaMammaPaparazza Registered Users Posts: 221 Major grins
    edited May 17, 2011
    Thanks, Joel. So what are we now?... scavengers? Hehehe. Just kidding. :Dthumb.gif

No Jiro...not scavengers....you are a Voyeur...creepy?, yes...sometimes...lol....but aren't we all when we have a camera in our hand? mwink.gif

I have to admit...when I take walks, I like to look at the houses and I love when the curtains are open, I love to see how people decorate their homes...and...lol-naturally- I keep my curtains closed! LMBO
    Know the rules well, so you can break them effectively. - Dalai Lama XIV
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    Richard wrote: »
    Think of it as recycling. :D I love it when it happens, and I've gotten some great shots that way.

Thanks, Richard. What I like about doing this kind of stuff is that I can walk around and look at some other possible angles that the actual photographer might have missed to see. :D

• Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    No Jiro...not scavengers....you are a Voyeur...creepy?, yes...sometimes...lol....but aren't we all when we have a camera in our hand? mwink.gif

I have to admit...when I take walks, I like to look at the houses and I love when the curtains are open, I love to see how people decorate their homes...and...lol-naturally- I keep my curtains closed! LMBO

thumb.gifrolleyes1.gif

• Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    I agree with that, I'm not a pro photographer...but I also see missed oppertunites all the time. Just be careful the other photographer doesnt chase you down and try to smash your camera! did you slip the model your card, in case she your likes shot better? It is a great shot!
    It is vain to do with more what can be done with less. - William of Occam (c. 1288-1348)
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    I agree with that, I'm not a pro photographer...but I also see missed oppertunites all the time. Just be careful the other photographer doesnt chase you down and try to smash your camera! did you slip the model your card, in case she your likes shot better? It is a great shot!

Well, they are on a public space so I don't think she has the right to do that. Besides, Does a guy with an old, beat up Nikon D70 and a cheap 18-70mm kit lens be a threat to a lady photographer with a 24-70mm f2.8 lens on a Canon 5D Mk II DSLR? I don't think so. Hahaha!

• Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    The art is not in the equipement, but in the person who holds the equipment! you could have a mickey mouse camera that runs on 3 AA batteries and still know when a great shot is happening! lol
    I would like to show you a photo I took at my brothers wedding, while the paid photographer missed it...and I was using a point and shoot crap bucket that was no more then 89 bucks...but I dont want to hijack your thread! lol
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    The art is not in the equipement, but in the person who holds the equipment! you could have a mickey mouse camera that runs on 3 AA batteries and still know when a great shot is happening! lol
    I would like to show you a photo I took at my brothers wedding, while the paid photographer missed it...and I was using a point and shoot crap bucket that was no more then 89 bucks...but I dont want to hijack your thread! lol

You could start a new thread and show us that shot if you dare. Hehehe. thumb.gif

• Options
    edited May 17, 2011
    You could start a new thread and show us that shot if you dare. Hehehe. thumb.gif

ok I will. lol
  • Options
    edited May 17, 2011

Its on this board, and it's got your name on it. lol