Options

A quiz for Black Mamba

TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
edited June 4, 2011 in Other Cool Shots
I'll bet you can identify what has been photographed, and
where the photograph was taken, in less than 3 seconds.

2011-06-03-1-XL.jpg
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Thanks, Tony, for the generous 3 second allowance. Actually, my identifying both of them was almost instantaneous.

The background is, of course, the old Flagler Hotel ( now the Flagler College ) in St. Augustine, FL.

The car is a 1955 Chrysler Imperial. That distinctive tail light was carried over into 1956 and used again on the Imperial....as well as the Southampton model. My gut feeling, though, is that you're showing the 1955 Imperial.....possibly, however, it's one of the 56's.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    TonyCooperTonyCooper Registered Users Posts: 2,276 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Thanks, Tony, for the generous 3 second allowance. Actually, my identifying both of them was almost instantaneous.

The background is, of course, the old Flagler Hotel ( now the Flagler College ) in St. Augustine, FL.

The car is a 1955 Chrysler Imperial. That distinctive tail light was carried over into 1956 and used again on the Imperial....as well as the Southampton model. My gut feeling, though, is that you're showing the 1955 Imperial.....possibly, however, it's one of the 56's.

Good, but a bit disappointing. I expected you to narrow it down in location to "taken on Cordova Street
    next to the Lightner Museum" and providing the milage on the car and the original sticker price.

2011-06-03-4-XL.jpg
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    http://tonycooper.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    Yo Tony,

rolleyes1.gifrofl

I started to further nail down the location by saying that you were standing by the Casa Monica Hotel when you took the shot....which, of course, you were.

That's the only time I've seen that Imperial parked there. They usually have an old ( 1920 something ) Ford parked in that spot.

Tom

P.S. BTW....that is the '55 model of the Imperial.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.