Options

#78 - Defying Gravity

2»

Comments

• Options
    MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    I have just entered a photo of two people jumping up in the air, buoyant or light-hearted at the end of the work week. I shot a lot of photos of these kind souls jumping this way and that and will post some options later. This is the one that I put in the gallery for the time being while I look over the options and process them. I'd be interested in whether you think the concept works for this challenge? I have shots of them exchanging high-fives as well as shots like this....

When a new challenge is announced, I sometimes look up a key word to help me think about all the ways it is used, light vs. dark, light vs heavy, etc.

1. Defying Gravity - The Work Week Is Over, Let the Weekend Begin! [temporary entry in the gallery]
    i-6mjf5DC-M.jpg
    I like your i[FONT=&quot]nterpretation[/FONT]
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    edited June 12, 2011
    Memol wrote: »
    I like your i[FONT=&quot]nterpretation[/FONT]

Thanks, Memol. I did forget to ask my son to smile for some of these!

For the title, he suggests: Teachers Like Summer Too
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2011
    Now you've done it. I like #11 - the treatment really works and the high 5 really communicates congratulations/celebration. How about just Summertime for a title. I tend to prefer short and sweet.
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2011
    Thanks for your input on this quandary. Not sure whether the strengths of #11 (the high five and being able to see her expression more clearly) outweigh the placement of the horizon, etc. but it is one of my favorite shots. I'm working on another edit of #4/8 just now, trying to reduce the noise a bit more....

Good suggestion about keeping it simple with a title like Summertime. That should work with either shot but is especially appropriate with the warmth in #11.

Cheers,
    Gretchen
  • Options
    edited June 12, 2011
    New edit of #4 and #8. What do you think? It is brighter overall and much more tightly cropped than the other versions.

12. Summertime
    i-3RqnkTT-L.jpg
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    I like it a lot. The tighter crop works well and processing is spot on!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    Thanks, Bill. I've entered this last one and it feels good to put this one "to bed"! It does have a dynamic quality about it and the tighter crop emphasizes that, I think.
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Liked watching this one evolve, you have done it justice, cool shot and your final edits are great!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    Love to watch how you've progressed through this.......any number of these would work for different reasons each, but you sure picked a great idea and pulled it off well.
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    Karin and Leah, thank you for comments on this process. I did want to do justice to the concept and do well by my energetic models. :D
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2011
    ok I have a giggle at myself .. I'm having a hard time seeing "Light at the end...." because all I can see is belly buttons!

{{rubs eyes}}
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    edited June 13, 2011
    Jenn wrote: »
    ok I have a giggle at myself .. I'm having a hard time seeing "Light at the end...." because all I can see is belly buttons!

{{rubs eyes}}

Here's another one that illustrates a sense of weightlessness without the distraction of belly buttons...

i-pz6VVJK-L.jpg

Their feet are well above the ground even though the perspective doesn't show this as well. They suggested taking multple jumps as they came towards me and this is one of the shots from that series.... They kept jumping as they laughed. It was really a fun experience for us all.