Options

Congratulations jwear for the DSS #79 ([SOOC] Open study) Winning Photo!

2»

Comments

• Options
    sweetharmonysweetharmony Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Wowza! 5 BEES on that last one! Quite the hot spot to frequent with your camera, Jeff. Well done......
    Congrats to the top 5 and everyone who participated to make this one of the largest set of entries we've seen in quite a while.....
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    jwear wrote: »
    I forgot I had only left a few shots on my second card this is one that was not fixable it was off the card but getting 5 in the frame had me jumping around and scaring bees [this one has some sharpening done ]

Thank you all again

Wow - what a beauty!!!!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Another awesome shot! Those are framers!

~Lisa
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2011
    Congrats! Well deserved!!!
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    What awesome shots jwear!! Congrats on the win! & congrats to all the top 5 - great shots this round. A fun & interesting challenge!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    johnlogukjohnloguk Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Huge congrats to jwear for an awesome catch, also to the other winners and the people who voted for me this time round. I've had a lean spell to say the least so far this year, so it is great to get an image that hits the spot for other people.
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited July 2, 2011
    Congratulations Jeff, that is one awesome, awesome shot! Beautifully done.
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Congrats JW... and all the finalists. Great shooting

I've been travelling these past two weeks, so am just getting a chance to comment. I think there were some terrific shots this round.

My self crit is here for anyone interested.
    http://www.stillsthatmove.com/2011/Dgrin-Challenges/DSS-79-SOOTC/17771391_HtGPLr
  • Options
    billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Congrats, Jeff! Nice SOOC work for sure!

And congrats to the top five and all who participated. This is the biggest field of participants since I've been here (I know... not that long). It's great to see so many cool ideas!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2011
    Thanks to everyone -well 38 of you anywayrolleyes1.gif I was very lucky this round. I do like playing in the challenges and it does add to what I love to do but my shots are all in the same realm. So I post what I think works for the theme and do not have the comp skills or the PS skills many of you have . This round with all the great shots and so many clap.gifthumbI am very proud of the win. The comp of my shot was something I think I learned here by looking at winning shots more than anything else. I would have picked a different shot but this time I ask myself what would they like and that is the shot I looked for . We all love our own work but when others say ---WOW that is a good shot -well that is a great day :cry thank again Jeff ON TO 80
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2011
    jwear wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone -well 38 of you anywayrolleyes1.gif I was very lucky this round. I do like playing in the challenges and it does add to what I love to do but my shots are all in the same realm. So I post what I think works for the theme and do not have the comp skills or the PS skills many of you have . This round with all the great shots and so many clap.gifthumbI am very proud of the win.

Beautiful shot of the bees and yellow flower! clap.gif

I can only dream of ever taking a shot like that myself. :) I didn't read all the responses, so I might be repeating what someone else asked. How do you take a picture like that? I'm not even sure my camera could do that. headscratch.gif
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2011
    Congrats jwear, that is such an amazing shot, very hard to catch bees that clearly...well doneclap.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 6, 2011
    Jenn wrote: »
    Beautiful shot of the bees and yellow flower! clap.gif

I can only dream of ever taking a shot like that myself. :) I didn't read all the responses, so I might be repeating what someone else asked. How do you take a picture like that? I'm not even sure my camera could do that. headscratch.gif
    Jenn pm sent, thank you
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited July 6, 2011
    ic4u wrote: »
    Congrats jwear, that is such an amazing shot, very hard to catch bees that clearly...well doneclap.gif
    thank you distance and lens, lighting and luck :D oh yea and I have had a little practice lol
    Jeff W