Options

Homepage slideshow not working

wasiganwasigan Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited July 11, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Everything has been working fine, I haven't made any changes (other than uploading some photos) for several weeks, and all of a sudden, my homepage slideshow is not working. It looks like it's loading as you can see the loading bar, but then....nothing but black.

Can anyone help? I tried clearing cache, but it's still...not showing.:scratch

thanks!
Lori

Comments

• Options
    Smug EricSmug Eric Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 333
    edited July 11, 2011
    The slideshow code seems to be a bit dated, although I don't know why it would have stopped working. I will look into that a bit closer to see what could have changed, but in the mean time have you tried using either the Share ~> Show Off slideshow embed code or the jFriend embeddable slideshow and see if either of those will work for you?
    Eric
    Support Hero and Customeister
    http://www.smugmug.com/help
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    Smug Eric wrote: »
    The slideshow code seems to be a bit dated, although I don't know why it would have stopped working. I will look into that a bit closer to see what could have changed, but in the mean time have you tried using either the Share ~> Show Off slideshow embed code or the jFriend embeddable slideshow and see if either of those will work for you?

Thanks Eric,
    At this point, I'm afraid to make any changes, because I'm not sure what I'm going to mess up as a result. I'd appreciate any help you can give!

Lori
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    I updated your site to use the show off embed code. Take a look and see if that works for you. Just in case here is the code from your bio box from before
    <html>
    <script>
    var oParams = new Object;
    oParams.AlbumID = "4194113";
    oParams.newWindow = 'false';
    oParams.transparent = "true";
    oParams.showLogo = "false";
    oParams.showThumbs = "true";
    oParams.showButtons = 'false';
    oParams.crossFadeSpeed = '100';
    oParams.borderThickness = '4';
    oParams.borderColor = 'FFFFFF';
    oParams.splash = '/img/spacer.gif';
    createSWF(900,600, oParams, "transparent");
    oParams.splashDelay = '.5';
    oParams.slideDuration = '.5'
    </script>
    </html>

Eric
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    I updated your site to use the show off embed code. Take a look and see if that works for you.

Eric,
    What exactly does this mean - "use the show off embed code"? And where exactly IS the embed code if I need to make future changes - in my Bio Box? The one thing I noticed that's missing is the filmstrip at the bottom of the slideshow. Any way to get that back?

One final question: does this change effect any other parts of the site?

thanks so much,
    Lori
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    i-BJV6m37-M.jpg

The showoff embed option is in here, you can choose the different options you want for your slideshow, including having the filmstrip. I didn't know what your initial settings were so I guessed which is why the filmstrip isn't there now.

If you want to create it and replace the code in your bio and see if that works for you.

And no it won't affect anything else on your site. Just the homepage.
    Eric
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    Thanks so much for your help!! :D
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    i-BJV6m37-M.jpg

The showoff embed option is in here, you can choose the different options you want for your slideshow, including having the filmstrip. I didn't know what your initial settings were so I guessed which is why the filmstrip isn't there now.

If you want to create it and replace the code in your bio and see if that works for you.

Eric,
    one more thing....I didn't see anything that selects the filmstrip in the Show Off embed option. I also had a border around the slideshow container box that I'd like to have back along with the filmstrip. Where exactly would I place the code for these two items if I want them back - in my Bio box?
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    PLEASE HELP!!

Eric,
    I tried getting code from the Show Off embed code and now I don't have ANY slideshow!! Can I please just have my old slideshow back or can you help me add the border and filmstrip to the new slideshow?

thank you!
    Lori
  • Options
    edited July 11, 2011
    The Show thumbnails options will give you the filmstrip, but in the embed option there is not an option for a border.

The reason your code wasn't working is there was a missing closing html tag at the end. You needed this there. I added it all back in for you so you should be set.
    Eric