Options

First E Session in a while

TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
edited September 15, 2011 in Weddings
On the campus of St John's University in St Cloud, Minnesota.

i-TMdpJvh-XL.jpg
i-R6CxwTx-XL.jpg
i-WkQv2Hk-XL.jpg
i-HgPFH53-XL.jpg
i-NvDfcxW-XL.jpg
i-dqhDXcV-X2.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ErbemanErbeman Registered Users Posts: 926 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2011
    I'm loving 1 and 3.
    Come see my Photos at:
    http://www.RussErbePhotography.com :thumb
    http://www.sportsshooter.com/erbeman

D700, D300, Nikkor 35-70 F/2.8, Nikkor 50mm F/1.8, Nikkor 70-200 AF-S VR F/2.8, Nikkor AF-S 1.7 teleconverter II,(2) Profoto D1 500 Air,SB-900, SB-600, (2)MB-D10, MacBook Pro
  • Options
    Thanks Russ. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    K, so this is just my opinion.

1. My eyes go straight to the boats. A little bit of a blur like the trees that overhang have, would probably let my eyes be pulled more to the couple.
    2. I would've wiped away some of the softness on the couple.
    3. Somewhat of the same thing. That wall of green overpowers the couple. Love the comp and not sure what could help. Maybe a less vignette on the couples side.....hmmmm...
    I love the rest of them.

Like I said....just my opinion. :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Options
    edited September 14, 2011
    Aspecto5 wrote: »
    K, so this is just my opinion.

1. My eyes go straight to the boats. A little bit of a blur like the trees that overhang have, would probably let my eyes be pulled more to the couple.
    2. I would've wiped away some of the softness on the couple.
    3. Somewhat of the same thing. That wall of green overpowers the couple. Love the comp and not sure what could help. Maybe a less vignette on the couples side.....hmmmm...
    I love the rest of them.

Like I said....just my opinion. :B

Thanks for your opinion! I have many more shots of these so I will play around with them and see what I can come up with. That ivy wall was beautiful and I've been wondering what to do with it. I have it soft in some shots, sharp in others. I wish I could see what others could do with it...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    smurfysmurfy Registered Users Posts: 343 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    One, three and six are fabulous. I like the boats too. Great compositions and leading lines on all of them. Love the wall and the ivy and the processing.

To be honest, the leg kicked back in four looks really fake. She wasn't a good enough actress to pull it off.

I'd love to see more of the natural interactions without so many kissing shots. This is just a personal preference... The kissing shots seem more special and less contrived when they are fewer in number. And if they are not puckering.

Really nice set overall. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2011
    smurfy wrote: »
    One, three and six are fabulous. I like the boats too. Great compositions and leading lines on all of them. Love the wall and the ivy and the processing.

To be honest, the leg kicked back in four looks really fake. She wasn't a good enough actress to pull it off.

I'd love to see more of the natural interactions without so many kissing shots. This is just a personal preference... The kissing shots seem more special and less contrived when they are fewer in number. And if they are not puckering.

Really nice set overall. Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks Smurfy! Great feedback.
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    I just looked at 6 photos of this couple....and couldn't pick them out of a lineup....half joking :). Lots of kissing....
    I am sure you have some of their faces.

I actually like all of them creatively. 2 looks too bright on the faces.
  • Options
    zoomer wrote: »
    I just looked at 6 photos of this couple....and couldn't pick them out of a lineup....half joking :). Lots of kissing....
    I am sure you have some of their faces.

I actually like all of them creatively. 2 looks too bright on the faces.

Thanks Zoomer. I actually have quite a few with their faces, I guess I just picked out the ones I liked to share... here's a few more with their faces.

i-T2kZ5Vc-XL.jpg

i-xtTXjg6-XL.jpg

i-ggRXjS7-XL.jpg