Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #85 (Orton Inspiration) CLOSED

2»

Comments

• Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2011
    Thanks for such an interesting theme... I'm a little obsessed at this point and have no earthly idea how I'm going to choose which type of effect to submit!
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2011
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    ... I'm a little obsessed at this point

Same here... but that is the way I like it. :D
  • Options
    SwiftFamilySwiftFamily Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 18, 2011
    Mistake
    Forgive me... I got excited and didn't read ALL the directions... first challenge :)

Next time I will read EVERYTHING BEFORE I enter lol
  • Options
    Troy RaymondTroy Raymond Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2011
    Wow, I noticed the new theme with only one day left and didn't even know this effect was named after someone. A few years ago I started playing with the 'Orton' effect in Dynamic Photo HDR using pseudo on one image. Now if I can only pull something off in one day.... after work. lol :D

Here's a couple of my samples, always loved the dreamy look. Of course there is a little layer blending.

380511837_eYZK9-M-1.jpg

Even used the effect on a photo of my daughter.

1248673841_SMRpt-M-1.jpg

Troy
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2011
    Poll will be posted tomorrow evening.

Thanks
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,948 moderator
    Did anyone else have trouble getting into dgrin last night? I had already changed my entry but couldn't even reach www.dgrin.com for awhile. Hope there wasn't anyone blocked from entering or changing something at the last minute!
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    sapphire73 wrote: »
    Did anyone else have trouble getting into dgrin last night? I had already changed my entry but couldn't even reach www.dgrin.com for awhile. Hope there wasn't anyone blocked from entering or changing something at the last minute!

I had trouble with dgrin for a while, but smugmug was up. I was able to upload to the gallery.
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    sapphire73
    6. How to judge more abstract Orton inspired images: In one of the threads, the difficulty of judging abstract images was raised and Sean suggested: "Voting with your gut - whatever causes you to have the most feeling of "WOW" or just plain calm, is probably the best way to judge abstract type images."

Hmmnn I think it should be an interesting/difficult vote to cast..... I have a few favorites. Keith
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com