Options

August 20th, 2011 Wedding

ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
edited November 4, 2011 in Weddings
It's been a while since I shared... sorry! :) I did shoot two weddings in August, so here's one of them.

IMG0884-L.jpg

IMG0890-L.jpg

IMG0946-2-L.jpg

4. They did a reveal before the wedding
IMG0992-2-L.jpg

IMG1143-24-25-2HDR-L.jpg

IMG1146-2-L.jpg

IMG1180-2-L.jpg

IMG1238-2-L.jpg

IMG1251-2-L.jpg

IMG1257-2-L.jpg

IMG1245-L.jpg

IMG1249-L.jpg

More here: http://www.photography-by-cat.com/Weddings/Wedding-Portfolio/2011-08-20-Nicole-Justin/13595226_8j4stT

Comments

• Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2011
    cat I am digging #2! you HAVE to clone out thst person in the back in #4 as well as the flag! haha..what golf course?
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2011
    Qarik wrote: »
    cat I am digging #2! you HAVE to clone out thst person in the back in #4 as well as the flag! haha..what golf course?

Ack I totally missed the person! I cloned them out of most of the other images, but somehow missed this one, stupid white blending in... yes it was a golf course. Poplar Creek.
  • Options
    BlueSkyPhotosBlueSkyPhotos Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 4, 2011
    I like the set. #10 is my favorite, then #4. The flag doesn't bother me that much, but it's easy to remove. I would probably center the couple in #11. They are not far enough to the right for the image to work for me.
    Jacek
    edited October 4, 2011
    #6, cat!. That is all.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    #2!!!! #2!!!!!!!! Looove it :D
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Not to repeat everyone else, but #2 is a real winner! But I think my favorite from the set is #7, I just really like how that one came out! Awesome work all around.
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2011
    Thanks everyone! For those wondering #2 was taken on my 85 1.2 Mk II, mmmm love that lens :)
  • Options
    Mark1616Mark1616 Registered Users Posts: 319 Major grins
    edited October 5, 2011
    Really nice series of photos and have to agree that #2 rocks.... well they all do, that just rocks harder :)

I'm here to learn so please feel free to give me constructive criticism to help me become the photographer I desire to be.

• Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2011
    Really like #2. The emotion you captured in #10 is perfect!
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2011
    Nice set...two and ten are definitely my favorites. Ummmh...and six...I like six too.

Couple of nits.

1. You missed the focus...the nostrils are in focus, her eyes are not...depth of field was a little shallow. The camera appears to have picked up the wrong focal point.

2. Really like this one.

4. Yep, clone the guys out...like was said before. Has a nice feel to it...emotion and interaction.

5. Fix that slight tilt...it's almost hidden by your water mark...looks like it happened because you didn't want you in the reflection to appear in the door. Something else you might want to consider...make the foreground one color...get rid of that sunny triangle cutting through the grass. Clone and tone in some grass from the shaded area.

6. I like this one...the classic just before the reward shot...she looks like she's about to get something special...nice capture. More of this kind...

9. Looks like she's a little stiff...not much emotion. Nice picture, though.

10. Please fix her belly bulge. Not flattering. Other than that, 10 is nice.

11. Same as 10...has more emotion than 9. His hand on her hip would have helped a lot to hide that belly bulge. Having his hand in his pocket...why. Look at where his hand is in 9...makes a world of difference in how her belly looks.

Just some thoughts as I looked over your set.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2011
    I love 2, 3, 8 (of course.. you rock those rings, girl!) & 10

7 seems way oversaturated (which I don't mind for the blues, but the oranges are cranked a bit much) . I suspect the lady nearest has a white shirt on, but it looks blue to me due to the processing. I am sure it is too late to make any changes, but you might want to dial that one in a bit.

I love your work Cat!
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2011
    I love 2, 3, 8 (of course.. you rock those rings, girl!) & 10

7 seems way oversaturated (which I don't mind for the blues, but the oranges are cranked a bit much) . I suspect the lady nearest has a white shirt on, but it looks blue to me due to the processing. I am sure it is too late to make any changes, but you might want to dial that one in a bit.

I love your work Cat!

Thanks Heather! And yeah I cranked the **** out of the saturation on 7 so I could get the cool looking sky... but good point on the back lady in the white shirt, she was wearing white! The bride liked it so much that we used it as a faded background image on one of her album pages.

1512597452_gCxW5mj-XL.jpg
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    iloveyou.gifThat looks super nice, Cat! Love your little tiny bit of a stroke and the shadow. A very nice balance.
  • Options
    trevorbtrevorb Registered Users Posts: 263 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2011
    Shima: Sometimes you can just raise the blues in Lr if you want the sky to look more saturated. Or you can just saturate everything and lower the orange just a tad to get the skin tones back.
  • Options
    nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2011
    that dress looks incredibly heavy :D

nice work, some do look a little saturated, but that was already discussed.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook