Options

first idea for MC 14 - hit the snooze button

Molotov EverythingMolotov Everything Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
edited November 10, 2011 in The Dgrin Challenges
Took a few shots today, let me know what you guys think of the idea and the shots.
A reshoot is possible, if I go buy another clock. Turns out 10 dollar alarm clocks aren't very hammer resistant. Who'd have thought.

1)
snooze-002-M.jpg

2)
snooze-001-M.jpg

3) More of a still life version
snooze-003-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Laughing.gif...we have the EXACT same concept........my title is "terminal snooze".....:o) I just started shooting tests this morning.....Laughing.gifOL too funny.

I'm going slightly different in my shooting methodology and post though...an 'exploded view' of the clock, where I've disassembled it and will shoot it thru set design and then POST with a bit of composite work. It's along the lines of your second shot....

I'm probably going to continue down this line, as I have a project outside Challenges, that will use the technique I'm working on. This is a good test bed for learning the process I need.

Good Luck!!!
    P
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2011
    Froch I could have sworn you were in the mega challenge for your picture of the sandwich. Was that challenge really that long ago? Where have the past 3 months gone? My girlfriend got to be the clock smasher for this photo and she had a lot of fun with it so I might pick up another clock and try a few more this week. The little end table we set it on isn't holding up too well though. The top might fall through after a few more hits.

Also it is funny that we both thought the same thing for early and late. The idea came to me after I was a little late for work twice last week because I hit the snooze button one too many times.
  • Options
    FrochFroch Registered Users Posts: 571 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    :o)...I'm glad I'm not the only one that does that. It amazes me how fast the time goes...Now think of it this way....that was Challenge #82, this is Challenge #89...that was 12...Twelve...weeks ago...Laughing.gif Crazy!

good luck on your shot! It's a GREAT CONCEPT! wear your safety goggles... :o)
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2011
    Ha - I also had the same idea, which came to me when I picked up my phone (alarm) and saw the word "Snooze" this morning. In my wake up haze, the word looked foreign to me and I thought the phone spelled it wrong. I am not going to use it though...have other ideas.

Is that lamp really in mid-air?
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited November 6, 2011
    Yea I always just use my cell for an alarm, which is why we had a disposable clock lying around for this, it was just sitting in a drawer and hadn't been plugged in for months. And yes, the lamp is in mid air. It bounced up every time my girlfriend hit the clock. The particle board end table is springy like that I guess.
  • Options
    kwickerskwickers Registered Users Posts: 310 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    Great idea.
    yes, the lamp is in mid air. It bounced up every time my girlfriend hit the clock
    Seems like she was really putting some smack into it! I like #2 the best, it would be cool if the actual SNOOZE button was visibly flying and readable in the air with the other parts.
    Photos.KeithWickersham.com
  • Options
    cbbrcbbr Registered Users Posts: 755 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    I love them - great concept.
    Chad - www.brberrys.com
    If I post it, please tell me how to make it better. My fragile ego can take it.
  • Options
    SeascapeSSeascapeS Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2011
    Use string for the snooze button? Just an idea.
    SandiZ
    If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera. ~Lewis Hine
    http://sandizphotos-seascapes.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2011
    I love this.... I was thinking of the snooze thing myself... but not quite this drastic! Laughing.gif I like #3 the best... because you focus on the "snooze"
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
    www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 9, 2011
    I picked up a new clock last night, they offered to sell me a warranty on it, which was tempting except 'being smashed to pieces' wasn't covered. Boooo.
    Unfortunately the new clock doesn't have very prominent lettering on the buttons so while I do think it would be cool to have the word 'snooze' on display up front I don't know if it's feasible. I'm only willing to devote so much time and money to shopping for clocks I'm going to smash.
    I am considering though shooting from less of a straight on angle, maybe like 20 degree tilt so it's a different perspective but still clear that everything is bouncing off the table.
  • Options
    sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,946 moderator
    edited November 10, 2011
    Great concept! I like #1 and #2 best. The shadow of the hammer in #2 is a great detail. Look forward to seeing what you get when you reshoot!