Options

Yellowbelly

JoemessJoemess Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
edited January 16, 2012 in Wildlife
these guys tend to be a little timid and like to hide on the other side of the tree... This fellow was pretty much non-plussed that I was chasing him around. Shooting hand held at a farily high ISO

Yellowbelly-L.jpg

IMG0721-L.jpg
“Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
[John Muir]

Comments

• Options
    BirderBirder Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Great clarity & smooth background, also very interesting lighting from the side
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2012
    Pretty crisp too, for a 1/160 hand-held shot with that big cannon. thumb.gif
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,247 moderator
    edited January 15, 2012
    Very nice.

I've never managed to see the yellow belly on these birds - even though their name includes that description. So thanks for showing me another side of the bird!

--- Denise
  • Options
    tshaddicktshaddick Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
    edited January 15, 2012
    Great shots, the colors all really pop. Good job.
  • Options
    JoemessJoemess Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Icebear wrote: »
    Pretty crisp too, for a 1/160 hand-held shot with that big cannon. thumb.gif

It was a miracle considering that I was shooting burst and out of nearly 100 shots, I had about 4 sharp(ish) ones.... Also, the neighbors likely thought I doing some bizzare dance as I was trying to find a braced position that would work.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
    “Tug at a single thing in nature, and you will find it connected to the universe.
    [John Muir]
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited January 16, 2012
    Good captures and smart move to take so many shots. In adverse conditions it always pays off to take as many shots as you can because the keeper % will usually be fairly low.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"