2 --

i-sP2FhqD-L.jpg

3 --

i-kjqWFWJ-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Ahh........ that 51 Lincoln (or Mercury) has seen better days; but it's revived on the rustathon... clap.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    Ahh........ that 51 Lincoln (or Mercury) has seen better days; but it's revived on the rustathon... clap.gif

Howdy Rags :D

Rust is a great reviver for that which is old thumb.gif

Thanks for taking a look and commenting :D
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Mary, Mary, Mary, you are making my mouth water! And eyes pop! thumb.gif

That is excellent work!

:D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Gracious, Mary, there's no doubt that you've learned how to make rust jump up and squeal. thumb.gif My only nit with this series is that the scenes are over-crowded with visual elements....too much to try and focus on.

In the first one, I would have zeroed in on that object in the top, left-center of the frame.

In the second, there are several good targets.....the fender behind the headlight or the portion of the bumper below it.

In the third, I might have gone for more of the dominating thingie at the top or, perhaps, that object at the bottom left with all the yellow on it.

Small nits, for sure. You have definitely earned your position as a bona fide RUST JUNKIE.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,882 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Mary clap.gifclapclap.gif You are the rust queen! Great texture and tones. I agree with Tom on trying to separate details instead of overwhelming the viewer. Great stuff though.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Mary, Mary, Mary, you are making my mouth water! And eyes pop! thumb.gif

That is excellent work!

Don

Thank you for the kind words Don :D I'm glad you enjoyed them.
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    Gracious, Mary, there's no doubt that you've learned how to make rust jump up and squeal. thumb.gif My only nit with this series is that the scenes are over-crowded with visual elements....too much to try and focus on.

In the first one, I would have zeroed in on that object in the top, left-center of the frame.

In the second, there are several good targets.....the fender behind the headlight or the portion of the bumper below it.

In the third, I might have gone for more of the dominating thingie at the top or, perhaps, that object at the bottom left with all the yellow on it.

Small nits, for sure. You have definitely earned your position as a bona fide RUST JUNKIE.

Tom

Howdy Tom ...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these photos. I agree with you that they are full of 'visual' :D I did do one that I was going to share later, but will share now :D I was going more for the abstract in the rust. To me that's natures art. The others I will go through and single out certain subjects. I like when people share their thoughts. It really helps me .. thanks thumb.gifD

i-GwJLrH5-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    Mary clap.gifclapclap.gif You are the rust queen! Great texture and tones. I agree with Tom on trying to separate details instead of overwhelming the viewer. Great stuff though.

Thank you for the honor of the 'Rust Queen' ... I accept it proudly :D

You and Tom are right ... I need to pick a subject. I love it when I can learn from all of you. It surely helps me grow as a photographer :D

Thanks for commenting :D
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    The last one... thumb.gif
    Rags
  • Options
    edited January 17, 2012
    torags wrote: »
    The last one... thumb.gif

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Howdy Tom ...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on these photos. I agree with you that they are full of 'visual' :D I did do one that I was going to share later, but will share now :D I was going more for the abstract in the rust. To me that's natures art. The others I will go through and single out certain subjects. I like when people share their thoughts. It really helps me .. thanks thumb.gifD

i-GwJLrH5-L.jpg

Great Caesars!!! Call the law....anything this good has to be illegal. I knew from your original that this abstract could be quite something, but this is insanely good. I'd have that on my wall tomorrow. Way to go, Mary.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    Great Caesars!!! Call the law....anything this good has to be illegal. I knew from your original that this abstract could be quite something, but this is insanely good. I'd have that on my wall tomorrow. Way to go, Mary.

Tom

Thank you Tom :D Abstracts found in rust is just plain 'fun and adventurous' when hunting for it.

It will be printed along with a few other one's I've worked on.

Glad you enjoyed it :D
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    bowdown.gif

Tom

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    bowdown.gif

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Thank you :D:D
  • Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    More rust eyes staring at me. WOW! thumb.gif

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    edited January 18, 2012
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    More rust eyes staring at me. WOW! thumb.gif

Don

Thanks Don ... :D
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Mary, that abstract version is definitely "it." If you are the Rust Queen, may I be your Rust Lady-in-Waiting? I could carry your camera on a velvet pillow.
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Mary, that abstract version is definitely "it." If you are the Rust Queen, may I be your Rust Lady-in-Waiting? I could carry your camera on a velvet pillow.

rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I'd say all us ladies that have the love of rust are Rust Queens :Dthumb.gif

Glad you like the abstract version. I've printed out an abstract rust in metallic. Looks awesome.
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2012
    Yea for metallic--I love that stuff, have printed several but haven't tried one of rust yet.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited January 20, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    Yea for metallic--I love that stuff, have printed several but haven't tried one of rust yet.

I was hesitate when I printed out my first rust photo using metallic printing, but thought if anything was made for metallic printing it would be rust :D

Haven't done a big photo of it yet. Did 5x7's. Now that I know what it looks like .. I'm going to do a big printing.
  • Options
    edited January 21, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I'd say all us ladies that have the love of rust are Rust Queens :Dthumb.gif

Glad you like the abstract version. I've printed out an abstract rust in metallic. Looks awesome.

We have room for many queens and both of you are definitely there! clap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    edited January 22, 2012
    Thanks, Juano! :D

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com