Dinner (before and after)

damonffdamonff filmPosts: 1,894Registered Users Major grins
edited June 26, 2004 in Holy Macro
Last night...

Eating meat-on-a-stick, a local favorite...

5011465-L.jpg

Washing clothes in the street...

5011464-L.jpg

Trash Collector...

5011467-L.jpg

My city at night (after dinner)...

5011466-L.jpg

Comments

• gubbsgubbs Super Moderator Posts: 3,166Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    All great shots Damon but, I wouldn't have guessed the last one was yours.....

How long have you been in Shanghai, are you looking forward to going back to Washington??
  • damonffdamonff film Posts: 1,894Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    Hey Gubbs. Thanks. Yeah, the last one's not really my style; I took it for a challenge in another forum - "my city." I need to come up with something more original...I've been here for a year and I'm sad to leave but looking forward to being back in Washington.
  • gubbsgubbs Super Moderator Posts: 3,166Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 10, 2004
    I'll miss the Shanghai shots, you got any more travel plans??
    edited June 10, 2004
    Not as yet but I've a hankering for India...
  • surlysurly Surly Adventurererer Posts: 77Registered Users Big grins
    edited June 22, 2004
    nice shots
    i likes these two
    very very nice!

how do you think the night shot would look if you cropped the bld. on the left but left the light post?

[QUOTE=damonff

Trash Collector...

5011467-L.jpg

My city at night (after dinner)...

5011466-L.jpg[/QUOTE]
    edited June 23, 2004
    Thanks Surly. Try it and let's see!
    surly wrote:
    i likes these two
    very very nice!

how do you think the night shot would look if you cropped the bld. on the left but left the light post?
  • ShakeyShakey Rule of Thirds?Phhhhhthh! Posts: 1,004Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 23, 2004
    Damonff your work never ceases to amaze me. When you become all famous and celebrated please remember us peasants of Dgrin.com :D bowdown.gif

Tim
    edited June 26, 2004
    Thanks Tim. You are too kind...
    Shakey wrote:
    Damonff your work never ceases to amaze me. When you become all famous and celebrated please remember us peasants of Dgrin.com :D bowdown.gif

Tim
  • cmr164cmr164 Focus! I need Focus! Posts: 1,542Registered Users Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Shakey wrote:

Tim
    Tim;
    If anything you are understating it. Damonff has the eye. Thats for sure.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • DavidTODavidTO Mod Emeritus Thousand Oaks, CAPosts: 19,160Registered Users, Retired Mod Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    Damon,

What I've learned (and continue to learn) from your work is to not worry so much about getting the shot "right". I mean, I want crisp, well composed shots. I guess I like to control my shots. You show how letting go can make for a more powerful shot. Not that your shots aren't well composed or thought out, but there's a free and easy, johnny on the spot creativity to your work that is impressive.

I know that I need to improve my techinical skills, learn how to get the shot right when I want to (at least on a more consistent, reliable basis), but I also need to just let the shot flow sometimes.

Thanks for the inspiration.

David
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited June 26, 2004
    Thanks Charles. That's nice of you to say...
    cmr164 wrote:
    Tim;
    If anything you are understating it. Damonff has the eye. Thats for sure.
    edited June 26, 2004
    What a great comment David. Thanks. I'm glad that my shots aren't pointless..
    DavidTO wrote:
    Damon,

What I've learned (and continue to learn) from your work is to not worry so much about getting the shot "right". I mean, I want crisp, well composed shots. I guess I like to control my shots. You show how letting go can make for a more powerful shot. Not that your shots aren't well composed or thought out, but there's a free and easy, johnny on the spot creativity to your work that is impressive.

I know that I need to improve my techinical skills, learn how to get the shot right when I want to (at least on a more consistent, reliable basis), but I also need to just let the shot flow sometimes.

Thanks for the inspiration.

David