Options

White House in da House!

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
[imgl]http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-b3cKtHd/0/M/i-b3cKtHd-M.jpg[/imgl] Today we announce the addition of White House Custom Colour as another lab choice for SmugMug Pros :smo Read all about it on our news blog (you do subscribe by email, right?) :D

WHCC's Page on SmugMug.

Fire any questions here, and happy selling!

FAQs:
(I'll add as questions get asked)

I don't see WHCC as a lab choice in my pricing tool, what gives?
In order to use WHCC you need to migrate to our new pricing system, Pricelists.

I love Bay Photo. Do I need to switch? Of course not, and we love Bay Photo, too! You may find that you want to use both, it's totally up to you and Pricelists will allow you to do this. Yep, you can even sell from all three labs (EZPrints as well!).

Hey, you added another US lab! What about some love for us in the UK and Europe? We promise we're not ignoring this and if you'll just have a teensy tiny bit more patience we're certain you're going to be thrilled soon.

Comments

• Options
    DotaDota Registered Users Posts: 258 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2012
    Hey Andy,

I don't know if this has been an implementation request or even if its already doable so I'll ask. I know that two labs can be used as in Bay for pics and EZ for merchandise. Is it possible to have two labs used for photos for prints that one or the other don't have? For example, have Bay for photo prints and then have EZ Prints for Framed pics (Just saw this today in their merchandising when looking over the WHCC stuff)?
  • Options
    KibriKibri Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 22, 2012
    I've been lurking on this site for a very long time, but this is big enough to get me to come out of the woodwork. This is great! Glad to see the Smugmug and WHCC partnership! Yea!
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    Kibri wrote: »
    I've been lurking on this site for a very long time, but this is big enough to get me to come out of the woodwork. This is great! Glad to see the Smugmug and WHCC partnership! Yea!

Woop!
  • Options
    edited February 22, 2012
    Dota wrote: »
    Hey Andy,

I don't know if this has been an implementation request or even if its already doable so I'll ask. I know that two labs can be used as in Bay for pics and EZ for merchandise. Is it possible to have two labs used for photos for prints that one or the other don't have? For example, have Bay for photo prints and then have EZ Prints for Framed pics (Just saw this today in their merchandising when looking over the WHCC stuff)?
    Not right now, I'm sorry - you'd have to have photos in a separate gallery with a different pricelist.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Not right now, I'm sorry - you'd have to have photos in a separate gallery with a different pricelist.

Or if you'd like, you can apply a different pricelist to individual photos in a gallery to offer these photos through another lab.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    Is this the complete WHCC product catalog or like with BAY only a small partial??
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Is this the complete WHCC product catalog or like with BAY only a small partial??

Not complete, sorry to say - but we hope it will be! We're working on some things that will allow us to add more cool stuff from all the labs into our catalog. Here's the WHCC Catalog on SmugMug as it stands right now.
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2012
    I have two questions:

1) Will there be a ICC profile available for WHCC?
    2) Can we order the calibration prints (http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/929020_nQvid/42491224_x9HTm) from WHCC?

Looking forward to a closer printer as the waiting for stuff to get to the midwest is the hardest part for me, and I am too cheap to pay for faster shipping.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2012
    I have two questions:

1) Will there be a ICC profile available for WHCC?
    2) Can we order the calibration prints (http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/929020_nQvid/42491224_x9HTm) from WHCC?

Looking forward to a closer printer as the waiting for stuff to get to the midwest is the hardest part for me, and I am too cheap to pay for faster shipping.
    1) they have 6 different profiles but yes, you can get 'em - they work if you're soft-proofing in Photoshop. Just email our heroes.

2) yes, email our heroes!
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2012
    I wonder why, with all the sports shooters on DGRIN, why instead of another standard print house, WHCC has less product than BAY, why SM did not Partner with one of the several Sports / school printing labs ( like - HH color lab, all sports, etc etc) ... or simply just finish getting the rest of BAYS catalog available for their clients ... this was simply a haunting thought...I used WHCC years ago but still my local lab won out on quality and all ....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited February 24, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    I wonder why, with all the sports shooters on DGRIN, why instead of another standard print house, WHCC has less product than BAY, why SM did not Partner with one of the several Sports / school printing labs ( like - HH color lab, all sports, etc etc) ... or simply just finish getting the rest of BAYS catalog available for their clients ... this was simply a haunting thought...I used WHCC years ago but still my local lab won out on quality and all ....

We're fast and furious working on more things from Bay (and all of our labs) stay tuned. WHCC has zillions of fans and so this works out quite well for both WHCC and SmugMug. And related to the other post you made, about why another US lab and not one in the UK or rest of world, see my FAQ above - it's not being ignored :D
  • Options
    edited February 24, 2012
    We're fast and furious working on more things from Bay (and all of our labs) stay tuned. WHCC has zillions of fans and so this works out quite well for both WHCC and SmugMug. And related to the other post you made, about why another US lab and not one in the UK or rest of world, see my FAQ above - it's not being ignored :D

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Have a wonderful weekend .... Gawd I needed that .

• Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    1) they have 6 different profiles but yes, you can get 'em - they work if you're soft-proofing in Photoshop. Just email our heroes.

2) yes, email our heroes!

Thank you. Done and In Progress wings.gif
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    Great news!

WHCC is my favorite lab.clap.gifclap
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2012
    WHCC announces on their site:
    www.whcc.com/products/smugmug-pro/

:smo
  • Options
    Michelle S.Michelle S. Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    I'm not sure if this question has already been asked about WHCC, but they have a minimum $12 order for prints - If my clients order less than $12 of prints (based on WHCC's prices, not $12 based on my Price List), will I be charged that $12 minimum? Thanks in advance for the clarification :)
    Michelle Smith

Portland, Oregon: Portrait, Architectural, and Environmental Photography

http://www.michellesmithphotographer.com

@MichelleSPhotog
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2012
    I'm not sure if this question has already been asked about WHCC, but they have a minimum $12 order for prints - If my clients order less than $12 of prints (based on WHCC's prices, not $12 based on my Price List), will I be charged that $12 minimum? Thanks in advance for the clarification :)

Nope, that doesn't apply here.
  • Options
    Michelle S.Michelle S. Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Thank you Andy (and SmugMug and WHCC)!! :)
    Michelle Smith

Portland, Oregon: Portrait, Architectural, and Environmental Photography

http://www.michellesmithphotographer.com

@MichelleSPhotog
  • Options
    brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Why is the base price for WHCC so much higher than Bay or EZ? I use them all the time and I know SM wants to turn a profit, but $.99 for the 4x6 is a bit much.
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited March 1, 2012
    Why is the base price for WHCC so much higher than Bay or EZ? I use them all the time and I know SM wants to turn a profit, but $.99 for the 4x6 is a bit much.

We tried to match as closely as possible their list prices with our uncorrected list prices. I believe they do match exactly in that case. Color correction costs extra of course, which is why the 4x6 corrected is $0.99.

WHCC does have bulk discounts though that dramatically reduce the prices as more are purchased in a single order. We hope we can reduce our list prices to compensate for that, especially on the sizes like 4x6.
    SmugMug Product Manager