Options

I *love* CPS :-)

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited March 19, 2012 in Mind Your Own Business
Sent my 5D2 to Irvine for cleaning, and also asked if it would be possible to repair/replace the glass (or the whole component) of the the top LCD dispaly (that was scratched) and how much it would cost. Just got the call that not only they would do it, they would do it on the house! :ivar
Man, that gold cps membership is definitely worth the annual Ben it costs. :deal:thumb
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Sent my 5D2 to Irvine for cleaning, and also asked if it would be possible to repair/replace the glass (or the whole component) of the the top LCD dispaly (that was scratched) and how much it would cost. Just got the call that not only they would do it, they would do it on the house! :ivar
    Man, that gold cps membership is definitely worth the annual Ben it costs. deal.gifthumb

I just joined CPS (Gold as well) - glad to hear it's worked out so well for you!
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited February 29, 2012
    Just don't ask them for a shutter count on the 5DII. 3 times in I've asked for it and I've never got it, at least from NJ.. :(
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2012
    Just don't ask them for a shutter count on the 5DII. 3 times in I've asked for it and I've never got it, at least from NJ.. :(

Thanks, I won't.. :-)
    I can get a decent idea by the image number, as it only recycles only every 10,000 clicks, which moments are relatively easy to find in the archives.
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2012
    Wow, that was fast!

Camera sent to Irvine Tue Feb 28 around 4pm via UPS Ground.
    Despite being out of warranty, upper LCD unit has been replaced free of charge.
    Cleaned, fixed, shipped back Fedex Overnight
    Received by the happy owner Thu Mar 1st around 2pm, i.e. in less than 48 hours! clap.gif

Great job, Canon Irvine! thumb.gif
  • Options
    mjordanphotomjordanphoto Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2012
    Nikolai wrote: »
    Wow, that was fast!

Camera sent to Irvine Tue Feb 28 around 4pm via UPS Ground.
    Despite being out of warranty, upper LCD unit has been replaced free of charge.
    Cleaned, fixed, shipped back Fedex Overnight
    Received by the happy owner Thu Mar 1st around 2pm, i.e. in less than 48 hours! clap.gif

Great job, Canon Irvine! thumb.gif
    clap.gif - wow! that's outstanding turn-around!
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    My experience with them has been the same, fast turnaround, camera out of my hands around 72 hours. So impressive and so worth it.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2012
    Mods......Please delete post like this!!!! If everybody finds out how great CPS is the price will go up!!

Stop the great unwashed now before it's too late!

Sam
  • Options
    edited March 19, 2012
    Sam wrote: »
    Mods......Please delete post like this!!!! If everybody finds out how great CPS is the price will go up!!

Stop the great unwashed now before it's too late!

Sam
    Laughing.gif :-) rolleyes1.gif