Options

First Attempt At Pin-Up - PG Rated

2»

Comments

• Options
    CowboydougCowboydoug Registered Users Posts: 401 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    As I was writing my last you were posting your last image... B I N G O... deluxe... way fun...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    Certified Journeyman Commercial Photographer
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    Bryce, I really like this one. Nice job.
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2012
    Thanks. Yeah... the face is a bit brighter than the rest of the body. I think it's because her chest and neck are somewhat in shadow. I will work on the other shot today and post.

Very nice toot... thanks for sharing...
    I'm a Kidnapper... I take terrible pictures of people, then hold them for ransom.

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Cowboydoug wrote: »
    Bryce... I actually liked #1... maybe just a smidge less yellow in the face...but i think it works... in this view the legs & arms are great... the chest & face jut went past center a bit... (i think)... More importantly... what do your customers think?
    As you know I do some weird stuff... but as long as I get to keep using my Square & the money goes to my account I will keep doing weird, wild stuff;)
    So I say to you.. More Please... love it...

I concur Doug. The first effort was overdone. Gal isn't a customer, she's a bartender at my local "wet goods emporium". I did this for my own learning experience and of course the fun.
    As I was writing my last you were posting your last image... B I N G O... deluxe... way fun...

Thanks man! I'm pretty happy with that one myself. Alex's tute was invaluable.
    MDalby wrote: »
    Bryce, I really like this one. Nice job.

Thanks bunches M.

This is my latest effort. Still playing around with the unsharp mask in the Alex Tute, I think I may have overdid it a bit, but still, it's better than my previous attempts. One thing I've added to mine that I didn't see in the "tute" is a grain texture. This is just a personal preference thing with me.

***MOD*** If this is too racy for this forum, let me know and I will remove, or you can.

7003197927_c54a9b9722_o.jpg
    Business Woman Pin Up by Bryce Wilson, on Flickr
  • Options
    MDalbyMDalby Registered Users Posts: 697 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Bryce... What font are you using for the Pin-up text?
    Nikon D4, 400 2.8 AF-I, 70-200mm 2.8 VR II, 24-70 2.8
    CBS Sports MaxPreps Shooter
    http://DalbyPhoto.com
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2012
    MDalby wrote: »
    Bryce... What font are you using for the Pin-up text?
    The swimsuit picture was done with AR Berkly (I like this one best for this) the font on the Business Woman shot was AR Blanca.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    The very last one has a bit of extra greenish stuff going on which I'm not sure I like, but you absolutely NAILED the one in post #30!!! clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2012
    Thanks for pointing that out....

I fixed the color balance and think it looks much better now....

Extra sets of eyes are PRICELESS!
  • Options
    zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2012
    Love that last one....that is money.
    The last thing.....when all done.....take your clone tool >soft brush> darken or lighten as needed> opacity 10.
    And go to the face and blend the lines of any areas that look splotchy just enough to blend the lines of light and or dark areas, be very careful and use a subtle touch, less is definitely more.

Once the face is cleaned up that last one is perfect.....can't wait to see more of these from you.
    And you did such a good job with the model, see how engaged she is and just oozing personality.
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2012
    I was so busy LQQKing at the pix I didn't realize till now the gals are almost nekkid... Hahaha... Oh my... ;)

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2012
    I was so busy LQQKing at the pix I didn't realize till now the gals are almost nekkid... Hahaha... Oh my... ;)
    You scandalous dog you...lol

Cowboydoug
    www.iWasThereToo.com
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    zoomer wrote: »
    Love that last one....that is money.
    The last thing.....when all done.....take your clone tool >soft brush> darken or lighten as needed> opacity 10.
    And go to the face and blend the lines of any areas that look splotchy just enough to blend the lines of light and or dark areas, be very careful and use a subtle touch, less is definitely more.

Once the face is cleaned up that last one is perfect.....can't wait to see more of these from you.
    And you did such a good job with the model, see how engaged she is and just oozing personality.

Thanks a lot zoom!

That tip with the clone tool worked wonders, thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2012
    This would be my latest attempt. I call it "Look Pretty And Carry A "Big Stick".

6862888242_62d5f7100f_o.jpg
    Vintage Style Baseball Pin Up Girl by Bryce Wilson, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2012
    OK, this will be my last one until I do another shoot and apply some of the lighting changes I think will improve the process. Many thanks to AC (Alex) for the processing tute!

On this one I played with the sharpening process using smart sharpen and then unsharp mask. The steps were easier for me.

What does YOUR broker look like?

7019276599_186b781cd3_o.jpg
    Wall Street Pin Up Girl by Bryce Wilson, on Flickr