Options

photowidget

jasonscottphotojasonscottphoto Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
http://www.roytanck.com/2009/04/09/introducing-photo-widget-floating-thumbnails-for-your-website/

This is super cool. Doesn't somebody want to make it work w/a smugmug feed?? :wink:wink:wink
Posts by Allyson, the wife/assistant...

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube

Comments

• Options
    edited March 13, 2012
    Bump :)

Jason Scott Photography | Blog | FB | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube
  • Options
    haavardhaavard Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 27, 2012
    It says DIY on the tin
    It does not sound too hard, even a rookie coder like me could probably do this as it's been prepared for integration by the author.
    It does also look cool, but Flash (compability) and XML (obese and strict) are downers for me personally, and I could not justify spending time on it as I've a project of my own. I will come back and have a crack at it if no-one else does in the meantime, I probably could reuse some code from my current anyway...
    Although the right person for the job would probably solve this by connecting the XML input to SmugMugs XML-RPC endpoint

It would not hurt a passing-by coder if you could elaborate some on what you hope a solution would look and feel like, like how would you hope to use it?
  • Options
    edited March 28, 2012
    Just thought it might be cool if it pulled a feed and could be used in place of a front page slideshow, etc. Would like to be able to control where a "click" takes you though - not necessarily to the photo you clicked on...

• Options
    haavardhaavard Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 29, 2012
    A tip to the coder who ends up doing this:
    The links that are sent with data from a "smartgallery" like when you "collect" photos from an album to display in a second one, automatically point to the source album - a nifty SM feature.

Also one should make logic to support that if a special link is supplied to the script, all clicks should lead there - possibly including source albumId and albumKey as arguments

There should also be two ways of feeding the script: feed (like rss) and optinally specify username/albumId/albumKey

Sounds right?
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2012
    Yes!