How Do I Edit 'My Gear'

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited April 21, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
I am wanting to update my gear. Can you please tell me how I go about doing this so that my current gear can be seen at the end of each thread.
Cheers
Bob

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited April 13, 2012
    canon400d wrote: »
    I am wanting to update my gear. Can you please tell me how I go about doing this so that my current gear can be seen at the end of each thread.
    It looks like you placed your gear list in your DGrin signature. To edit it, click the clipboard icon in the navbar above, then Edit Signature.

--- Denise
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2012
    It looks like you placed your gear list in your DGrin signature. To edit it, click the clipboard icon in the navbar above, then Edit Signature.

--- Denise
    Yes I must have placed my gear list in the Dgrin signature. Is there somewhere else I should have placed it?
    I am sorry about this Denise but can you please point me to the clipboard icon, and which is the navbar?
    Cheers
    Bob
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited April 16, 2012
    Here's a few screen shots of how to add your gear to the gear list section. First, you'll need to click that little clipboard icon on the top right of the DGrin page, here:

i-d3zNHKz.jpg

Then you'll get to your profile page. Click "Edit Your Details":

i-JPGZXH8.jpg

Then in the Equipment dialog, enter your stuff:

i-nBJdhWb.jpg

Make your changes and Click "Save Changes" at the bottom. Please also don't forget to edit your gear out of your signature section (also in your profile page).
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited April 18, 2012
    Thanks ever so much for those directions. I have updated my gear in the equipment but my old gear is still appearing after each post I make in a thread. I must be doing something wrong.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited April 18, 2012
    Thanks ever so much for those directions. I have updated my gear in the equipment but my old gear is still appearing after each post I make in a thread. I must be doing something wrong.
    The old gear must be in your dgrin signature. Clip the clipboard icon, then Edit Signature.

--- Denise
    edited April 18, 2012
    Cheers
    Bob

Thanks Denise with your kind help I have finally got there.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2012
    Thanks Denise with your kind help I have finally got there.
    Cheers
    Bob

Are you going to remove your gear from your signature? ear.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 20, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Are you going to remove your gear from your signature? ear.gif

When you say remove gear from my signature David. Do you mean I should go into edit signature and remove everything.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    When you say remove gear from my signature David. Do you mean I should go into edit signature and remove everything.
    Cheers
    Bob

Yeah, that's our general policy, to keep the signatures clean and put your gear in the specific place for it. We're not overly controlling about it, but we believe it makes for a cleaner user experience when reading through our threads. More info [thread=189562]here[/thread]. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited April 21, 2012
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Yeah, that's our general policy, to keep the signatures clean and put your gear in the specific place for it. We're not overly controlling about it, but we believe it makes for a cleaner user experience when reading through our threads. More info [thread=189562]here[/thread]. thumb.gif
    I want to keep in line with your policy David. Can you tell me if I edit all the gear in Edit Signature will that remove details of my gear at the end of each thread? If this is the case David can you put me a link stating my gear at the end of each thread.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2012
    I want to keep in line with your policy David. Can you tell me if I edit all the gear in Edit Signature will that remove details of my gear at the end of each thread? If this is the case David can you put me a link stating my gear at the end of each thread.
    Cheers
    Bob

I edited your signature for you. Your gear shows up when people click your Profile (by simply clicking on your name: http://www.dgrin.com/member.php?u=24392 )

Andy
    edited April 23, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    I edited your signature for you. Your gear shows up when people click your Profile (by simply clicking on your name: http://www.dgrin.com/member.php?u=24392 )

Andy

Thanks once again Andy for your kind help which I appreciate.
    Cheers
    Bob