Screening Room -- Post yer vids here!

1235»

Comments

  • TYarbroughTYarbrough Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2010
    Whistler Ski Video
    I just love watching the videos on this thread; getting lots of ideas.

    Here is the latest one I did of my son and grandson skiing at Whistler over Spring Break. The "stop action-like" stuff was taken with my Canon 50D on a tripod:

    http://www.terryyarbroughphotography.com/gallery/4489457_vD5ix#820645969_sS4qK-A-LB
  • rantomirantomi Big grins Posts: 13Registered Users Big grins
    edited June 3, 2010
    Bugro
    Hi, as I just joined I am going to share the latest production even though it is already almost a year old:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyVGqWiY0Qs

    It was my first fast project with a) 5dM2 and b) with macro lens.

    More coming soon.
    Lauri Mäki
    Gallery
    Blag
  • SiriusPhotogSiriusPhotog Big grins Posts: 42Registered Users Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    Alrighty, I'll play.

    884333744_K5bVP-L.jpg
  • SiriusPhotogSiriusPhotog Big grins Posts: 42Registered Users Big grins
    edited June 4, 2010
    rantomi wrote: »
    Hi, as I just joined I am going to share the latest production even though it is already almost a year old:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyVGqWiY0Qs

    It was my first fast project with a) 5dM2 and b) with macro lens.

    More coming soon.

    Yikes! remind me not to have a BBQ in your backyard.. mwink.gif
    Very cool stuff.
  • Ariel BravyAriel Bravy Beginner grinner Posts: 6Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited July 23, 2010
    944272352_CLmWd-M-1.jpg

    Here's one from spending a month camping in the forest. Really fun project to create. :)
  • snoupisnoupi Big grins Posts: 19Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 26, 2010
    Autumn's Child
    Hello, folks, Tony here,

    I'm new to the joys of Smugmug Video, and have just posted a new musical slideshow video on my page.

    I have been looking over this thread and am blown away by beautiful, polished, and professional these videos are! My little offering seems crude by comparison. Nevertheless, I'm Jumping in...

    My 'Autumn's Child' musical slideshow video: (hope you like it)
    snoupi
    "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most."
  • schmooschmoo word nerd Posts: 8,468Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 1, 2010
    Alrighty, I'll play.

    884333744_K5bVP-L.jpg

    Really cool. I especially loved the shots of the deck where you have the motion of the mountains slipping by as well as the slight pan of the camera.
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 878Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Spend part of my weekend sorting through video clips from a trip to Europe last week. I'm no video editor and totally new to this, but video takes reliving your memories to a whole new level!

    <object height="360" width="640">
    <embed src="http://www.schmootography.com/ria/ShizVidz-2009090604.swf"; flashvars="s=ZT0xJmk9NjQ5MjIwNDYwJms9eEVOalgmYT05NTg0OTQzX1JCV3ZrJnU9c2NobW9v" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="360" width="640"></object>

    Wonderfully Shot. I've been working in television for 16 years and know a lot about editing. I think straight cuts and dissolves are the classiest. Your fade up from black at the top and about halfway through could be a lot slower to help enhance the mood. I get what you were trying to accomplish but I'm not too into the flash frames of white and black throughout. The way you sped up and slowed down the video was well executed and added to the surrealism that the black and white had already created. Well done!! <img src="https://us.v-cdn.net/6029383/emoji/clap.gif"; border="0" alt="" >

    What software did you use?
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 878Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    dtw78 wrote: »
    Wonderfully Shot. I've been working in television for 16 years and know a lot about editing. I think straight cuts and dissolves are the classiest. Your fade up from black at the top and about halfway through could be a lot slower to help enhance the mood. I get what you were trying to accomplish but I'm not too into the flash frames of white and black throughout. The way you sped up and slowed down the video was well executed and added to the surrealism that the black and white had already created. Well done!! clap.gif

    What software did you use?

    Let me also add that when the drum beats start toward the end, having your cuts on the downbeat would have been better.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • schmooschmoo word nerd Posts: 8,468Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    dtw78 wrote: »
    Wonderfully Shot. I've been working in television for 16 years and know a lot about editing. I think straight cuts and dissolves are the classiest. Your fade up from black at the top and about halfway through could be a lot slower to help enhance the mood. I get what you were trying to accomplish but I'm not too into the flash frames of white and black throughout. The way you sped up and slowed down the video was well executed and added to the surrealism that the black and white had already created. Well done!! clap.gif

    What software did you use?

    Whoah, blast from the past! Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it especially as I am (still, more than a year later) am fumbling with the idea of video editing.

    I do believe I used iMovie 09 for that video. Since then I've made several smaller movies using FCE but I'm still really unsatisfied with anything I put out. umph.gif

    I have another project currently on my plate and so your suggestions come at a great time. Thx again!
  • PhotoDavid78PhotoDavid78 Davidweissphotos.com Long IslandPosts: 878Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 11, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Whoah, blast from the past! Thanks so much for your feedback. I really appreciate it especially as I am (still, more than a year later) am fumbling with the idea of video editing.

    I do believe I used iMovie 09 for that video. Since then I've made several smaller movies using FCE but I'm still really unsatisfied with anything I put out. umph.gif

    I have another project currently on my plate and so your suggestions come at a great time. Thx again!


    No problem, if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.
    David Weiss | Canon 5D Mark III | Pentax K10D | iPhone
    My Website
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | VSCOgrid | Instagram |
  • byrd026byrd026 Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited May 29, 2011
    First video, let me know what you think.

    http://jimbyrdphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Engagement/Renea-Lopez-Video-2011/17271059_ZJvhmG#1311324657_sv4ShhL-A-LB

    Also, is there a way to sell these on Smugmug??
  • DavidTODavidTO Mod Emeritus Posts: 19,160Administrators moderator
    edited May 29, 2011
    byrd026 wrote: »
    First video, let me know what you think.

    http://jimbyrdphotography.smugmug.com/Other/Engagement/Renea-Lopez-Video-2011/17271059_ZJvhmG#1311324657_sv4ShhL-A-LB

    Also, is there a way to sell these on Smugmug??

    Nice! You can embed your videos in this forum, too.

    As for your sales question, that's something you should ask in the SmugMug Pro Sales Support forum. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • BLWeddingsBLWeddings Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited October 17, 2011
    Here's my latest Hindu Wedding Video which I filmed recently. I'm very proud of this one so would be great to know what you think.

    The clip for the Wedding Film can be viewed on my blog here: Sunita & Ravinder's Indian Wedding Video

    Or the Youtube link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKao-mbq9CY

    Thanks

    Shaun
  • csmallaricsmallari observateur d'oiseaux Posts: 17Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 20, 2012
    My first time to try making a movie using iMovie that contains clips and photos taken with a camera.


  • DavidTODavidTO Mod Emeritus Posts: 19,160Administrators moderator
    edited April 22, 2012
    Share>Get a Link>Embeddable Links, then click here:

    20120422-gwsj6fxnyimuashn5kt3yd37kn.png


    Just paste that code as is into your post. thumb.gif

    Nice start on the video! My crits are: no need for watermarks in a video, the title with the bird's name comes up many times, it's only needed once, and why is the video cropped as it is?

    Let's see more!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • csmallaricsmallari observateur d'oiseaux Posts: 17Registered Users Big grins
    edited April 23, 2012
    Thanks for teaching me how to post videos and for the comments too. Those are just clips that I took and so I put them in a movie together with the photos. I have been a victim of people stealing photos from the web so many times that's why I make sure to put watermarks in all my pictures that are posted online. It is obvious that it is my first movie ever. The reason for the watermarks is that I always thought the people can get the images from the video if they are able to download it. Thanks again.
  • FnoorFnoor Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited May 2, 2012
    Pretty cool videos here. My favourite was perhaps the Alaska cruise. Damn that place looks sunny and calm.

    I really should film something like this now that the weather here is getting tolerable. I've just been so lazy lately rolleyes1.gif
  • Light_prodLight_prod Major grins Posts: 127Registered Users Major grins
    edited May 7, 2012
    thought I'd add one here. Been doing slideshows for a while just never ventured into this video forum before.

    enjoy:
  • EEFASEEFAS Photographer Posts: 23Registered Users Big grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    Trying an embed - not sure if the sizing is correct. Just a test


  • EEFASEEFAS Photographer Posts: 23Registered Users Big grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    Trying another to see if it posts larger.

  • HootHoot Beginner grinner Posts: 3Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited September 24, 2013
    Whitewater with a floating droid phone!
    Bought a waterproof cover for my phone on Amazon because I did not want to take my DSLR. Around $30 it was. Found one that would let you use the controls even under water. And then took it on a guided whitewater trip on the DeSchutes River in Oregon. I have one of those big Galaxy Notes phones.... several years old now.

    So I got dumped in fast & cold rapids twice and I barely noticed that my phone was floating at eyelevel both times. I was trying to catch my breath and find the raft! Worked pretty good, except the bright sun and moisture on the plastic case made it hard to know when the "red light" said I was actually in record/play mode. Anyhow..... here's the moving pictures.....

    DeShutesRafting_glueup2-L.jpg
  • thestartrailthestartrail Big grins Posts: 12Registered Users Big grins
    edited October 14, 2013
    Loving the ease of video integration!
    Yes! Finally, it's so easy for my two worlds of photography and timelapse to easily sit side by side on my website! I just finished the "first round" building of my new SM website. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it's good enough to share online this week. Part of it is a page of timelapse videos I've done. I'm not sure how to do the fancy embedding codes here, so I'm just going to link to my page.
    Be sure to check out the first one- it's the first of its kind I think....

    Ben

    http://www.thestartrail.com/Timelapse
  • M38A1M38A1 Curious. Very curious. Posts: 1,313Registered Users Major grins
    edited November 14, 2014
    So I've just spent the better part of a couple hours watching from the beginning all the cool stuff here and seeing the progression of technology at the same time which was pretty interesting. I received a GoPro this summer and decided I just needed to get it out of the box and try it. So here is my first 'real' attempt at trying to focus on video (figure the darn thing out), stills (took my older body), music (not get in trouble over copyright), editing (iMovie was free) AND keep it short and interesting (under four minutes total). Let me know what you think please. This attempt was really just the above with the focus on trying to show a little bit of a trip. That's the whole story line. lol....

    http://vimeo.com/110101928

    .
  • ian408ian408 More wag. Less Bark. Posts: 21,214Administrators moderator
    edited November 16, 2014
    Yes! Finally, it's so easy for my two worlds of photography and timelapse to easily sit side by side on my website! I just finished the "first round" building of my new SM website. It's not perfect by any means, but I think it's good enough to share online this week. Part of it is a page of timelapse videos I've done. I'm not sure how to do the fancy embedding codes here, so I'm just going to link to my page.
    Be sure to check out the first one- it's the first of its kind I think....

    Ben

    http://www.thestartrail.com/Timelapse

    We had the chance to hang out with the NorCal Land Rover Club. Cool group of people. Great reminder of that event.
    M38A1 wrote: »
    So I've just spent the better part of a couple hours watching from the beginning all the cool stuff here and seeing the progression of technology at the same time which was pretty interesting. I received a GoPro this summer and decided I just needed to get it out of the box and try it. So here is my first 'real' attempt at trying to focus on video (figure the darn thing out), stills (took my older body), music (not get in trouble over copyright), editing (iMovie was free) AND keep it short and interesting (under four minutes total). Let me know what you think please. This attempt was really just the above with the focus on trying to show a little bit of a trip. That's the whole story line. lol....

    http://vimeo.com/110101928

    Great trip! Liked the video. I should have kept my '04 GS :(
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • HellrazorHellrazor Beginner grinner Posts: 4Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited November 27, 2014
    Here is a video of the punk band FANG that I shot and edited. This is from their set from last Friday in Sebastopol, CA. I pretty new to editing with Adobe Premiere Pro Cs6. I shot this with my Canon 7D, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 lens and used my Rode videomic. I edited the audio with Adobe Soundbooth CS5.

    http://youtu.be/F6_iq7yRqAw?list=UUgWaDeAyF640pHbnJ9ZSmSQ
  • BaldyBaldy SmugMug co-founder Posts: 2,918Administrators Major grins
    edited December 10, 2014
    Here's the latest SmugMug film with most footage coming from the space station. I have watched it maybe 20 times and each time...chills!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwt3kMivZk4
  • DigitalDaveDigitalDave Beginner grinner Posts: 1Registered Users Beginner grinner
    edited February 9, 2015
    Baldy wrote: »
    Here's the latest SmugMug film with most footage coming from the space station. I have watched it maybe 20 times and each time...chills!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwt3kMivZk4

    Wow. That was amazing. Bit of a tough act to follow tho!

    Humbly, here is my latest video I posted to Smugmug. Enjoy!

    APlaceTogether-720p-M.jpg
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.