Signature references an old domain??

officialphotographerofficialphotographer Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited May 1, 2012 in Dgrin Forum Support
Hi guys, I can't seem to change my signature. If I go to my control panel and type in officialphotgrapher.com.au, when clicked it tries to find my old domain which is officialphotographer.co.nz. Any ideas?

Denise in Smugmug customization said this

"It's going to your old site because that's what's code in your signature. Here's what I see when I do a view source on your signature in dgrin:
Code:

<a href="http://www.officialphotographer.co.nz/&quot; target="_blank">
www.officialphotographer.com.au</a>

I'd suggest you edit your signature".

But when I edit my signature it doesn't work. Am I missing some tags in my signature for it to take affect????

Comments

• MusetekMusetek Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    Hi guys, I can't seem to change my signature. If I go to my control panel and type in officialphotgrapher.com.au, when clicked it tries to find my old domain which is officialphotographer.co.nz. Any ideas?

Denise in Smugmug customization said this

"It's going to your old site because that's what's code in your signature. Here's what I see when I do a view source on your signature in dgrin:
    Code:

www.officialphotographer.com.au

I'd suggest you edit your signature".

But when I edit my signature it doesn't work. Am I missing some tags in my signature for it to take affect????

Just a quick suggestion, but did you maybe have the old domain entered under Your Profile > Edit Your Details > Home Page URL? That's another place it could be showing up, maybe.

HTH.
    http://pomeroy-photography.com

http://pomeroyphotography.smugmug.com

Universe halted: reality.sys not found (that's old school!)
  • officialphotographerofficialphotographer Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    Nope, homepage URL points to officialphotographer.com.au which is where it should point. I don't understand where Denise see's that reference for the .co.nz . She suggested edit my signature and I have tried to do that which is why it shows up as the .com.au. But then you click it and it tries to find the .co.nz?????
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 1, 2012
    i-5j2vFJm.jpg

Not a DGrin issue. Link goes directly to officialphotgrapher.com.au, which is what you set it to in your profile. You did that correctly.
    But... there seems to be a redirect somewhere (your domain registrar?) sending it elsewhere after it tries to resolve.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • officialphotographerofficialphotographer Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Not a DGrin issue. I think you have some kind of redirect at your host.

Meaning smugmug or my domain provider?
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited May 1, 2012
    Meaning smugmug or my domain provider?

Most likely, there is a DNS server with the wrong IP# in it somewhere. My guess is your domain registrar. You might want to email their support or look at your control panel over there. SM? Unlikely. Have you ever had a SM account and a domain name of *.nz at the same time?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
    edited May 1, 2012
    David_S85 wrote: »
    Most likely, there is a DNS server with the wrong IP# in it somewhere. My guess is your domain registrar. You might want to email their support or look at your control panel over there. SM? Unlikely. Have you ever had a SM account and a domain name of *.nz at the same time?

Yes I had 2years of .co.nz and then I moved from New Zealand to Australia hence the .com.au
    edited May 1, 2012
    Sorted thanks