Options

Howto load featured images url of all album with one call

suntsusuntsu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
Hi,
I'm writing a windows 8 app.
I'd like to show all albums as tiles on a screen and need the featured image.

At the moment, i do the following in oder to get the featured image(Highlight)
First, i call smugmug.albums.get to retrive all albums. In order to get the highlight id i have to set Heavy to true.
The i have to call smugmug.images.getInfo for every album in order to retrieve the highlight url.

This works, but is super slow. First i have the heavy output from albums.get which i don't need except of the highligh info, and then i have to request image.getInfo for every image and at last i have to retrieve the real imag via url.

Is there a better way(only one call) to get a list with featured images urls for all albums?

Thanks in advance.
MySmug, my Windows phone 7 smugmug client.
News about can be found on my website.

Comments

• Options
    MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    suntsu wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm writing a windows 8 app.
    I'd like to show all albums as tiles on a screen and need the featured image.

At the moment, i do the following in oder to get the featured image(Highlight)
    First, i call smugmug.albums.get to retrive all albums. In order to get the highlight id i have to set Heavy to true.
    The i have to call smugmug.images.getInfo for every album in order to retrieve the highlight url.

This works, but is super slow. First i have the heavy output from albums.get which i don't need except of the highligh info, and then i have to request image.getInfo for every image and at last i have to retrieve the real imag via url.

Is there a better way(only one call) to get a list with featured images urls for all albums?

Thanks in advance.

You can get the featured image URL directly in the albums.get call when you pass "&Extras=Highlight,ThumbURL" to it. Depending on your need you can even request bigger than Thumbnail image by switching to SmallURL, MediumURL etc.
  • Options
    suntsusuntsu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited May 3, 2012
    Works great

thanks
    MySmug, my Windows phone 7 smugmug client.
    News about can be found on my website.