ziggy53 wrote: »
    I very much like the street photography of Rui Palha. thumb.gifclap

Thanks so much for sharing.

http://www.camera-doc.com/index.php?ver=gal&gid=2#top

Iy's a good work indeed :D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    Looks like a great mag...hope it does well ... .... most of my Photo mag buying are mags
    out of the UK or Europe.....they seem much more impressive than what I find from the U.S.
    Thanks for sharing Antonio.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2012
    Art Scott wrote: »
    Looks like a great mag...hope it does well ... .... most of my Photo mag buying are mags
    out of the UK or Europe.....they seem much more impressive than what I find from the U.S.
    Thanks for sharing Antonio.

Hello Scott :D
    I do not know neither the American market nor the European one of photographic magazines. :cry
    However, I am subscribed to the dying Silvershotz from UK and to the American LensWork but only the "on line" version.
    The postal one is terribly expensive headscratch.gif A shame because I praise the printed versions very, very much. I rather hold the magazine that have it on the screen.
    Two different things OK mwink.gif

The new Portuguese magazine has - at least to begin with - excellent images to look at. Let's see if they can hold the level.
    Herewith some images I linked from theirs site.
    The first one from Rui Palha.
    i-pLf5r3c-L.png

And this one by Rui Pires is also a good photographer as we can see in this very peculiar image where a woman looks much like an aged Peter O'Toole to me.
    i-4kHv5tK-M.jpg
    edited August 3, 2012
    I agree very much...lens Work is not available, the last time I checked in print version any longer....it stopped printing a long time ago...not sure exactly when but they went to strictly online just to stay in business.....but that was one of the exceptions to the rule of american photo mags....most are overly riddled with sales ads, the euro mags have ads also but it seems their images and print content is much better....if the article has to do with explaining how to do something you get very detailed info along with good screen shots to illustrate.....

Yes the 2nd image does eerily resemble a very aged Peter O'Toole...oh man that is scary...

Have a GREAT WEEKEND...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited August 4, 2012
    I agree very much...lens Work is not available, the last time I checked in print version any longer....it stopped printing a long time ago...not sure exactly when but they went to strictly online just to stay in business.....but that was one of the exceptions to the rule of american photo mags....most are overly riddled with sales ads, the euro mags have ads also but it seems their images and print content is much better....if the article has to do with explaining how to do something you get very detailed info along with good screen shots to illustrate.....

Yes the 2nd image does eerily resemble a very aged Peter O'Toole...oh man that is scary...

Have a GREAT WEEKEND...

Thank you Art. :D
    (Your link to facebook seams not to work. ne_nau.gif)
    You say printed edition of LensWork is not available in shops ? ne_nau.gif Are you sure ?
    Are we talking about the same magazine ? You mean this Lenswork
    ?
    LensWork on Facebook

I hope to have the courage to subscribe to it some day soon :)
    Thank you for the comment :D
    edited August 4, 2012
    I am sorry Antonio...I was wrong..about it being no longer a print mag....it was / is a great magazine but no one in my area carries it any longer and has not carried it in over 5 yrs...the store managers (of out 2 onloy new book stores) told me they went out of business... It was not overly expensive when I bought out of the bookstore and I am not one to purchase subscriptions as there is not always something of interest each month .... so I spend a little tiny more than I would with a subscription.....you may look into getting it on disk....that may save you some money ... http://www.lenswork.com/lxt.htm

Thank you for straightening me out.... thumb.gifclap.gifthumbclap.gifbowdown.gifbow :D I do appreciate it.......I will let the upper management of the 2 stores here know their managers are giving out bad info at times...

edited August 4, 2012
    I am sorry Antonio...I was wrong..about it being no longer a print mag....it was / is a great magazine but no one in my area carries it any longer and has not carried it in over 5 yrs...the store managers (of out 2 onloy new book stores) told me they went out of business... It was not overly expensive when I bought out of the bookstore and I am not one to purchase subscriptions as there is not always something of interest each month .... so I spend a little tiny more than I would with a subscription.....you may look into getting it on disk....that may save you some money ... http://www.lenswork.com/lxt.htm

Thank you for straightening me out.... thumb.gifclap.gifthumbclap.gifbowdown.gifbow :D I do appreciate it.......I will let the upper management of the 2 stores here know their managers are giving out bad info at times...

I am a subscriber of LensWork on line already Art. :D

I rather have a printed edition however.

bowdown.gif for your concern of writing to me about this issue.

:Dthumb.gif