Options

Tenth Senior In Six Days...

Bryce WilsonBryce Wilson Registered Users Posts: 1,586 Major grins
edited August 20, 2012 in People
This was number 10. One more to go this evening and I get to breathe for a few days...

Ever have one of those subjects that smiled too easily?

i-bWSvzsT-L.jpg

i-BXKwKWq-L.jpg

i-CCC29gH-L.jpg

i-ScPvW9B-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    BrettDeutschBrettDeutsch Registered Users Posts: 365 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    How you still find time to post them here leaves me in awe. Good work.
  • Options
    edited August 19, 2012
    How you still find time to post them here leaves me in awe. Good work.
    Thanks Brett!

I never spray and pray, (took 62 shots this session) and I've got my workflow down to be pretty speedy and most importantly....

Very little Post...
  • Options
    Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    Thanks Brett!

I never spray and pray, (took 62 shots this session) and I've got my workflow down to be pretty speedy and most importantly....

Very little Post...

That's impressive work, Bryce. I wish I could say the same about my own technique.

I really like the last one, I've never seen anything like it before, and it's pretty cool!
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    These are all terrific, Bryce! I too am in awe of your minimalism (and robust technique!) - I learned many months ago that with my tendency to bop around I have to overshoot to ensure sharp focus, so I always have way too many shots to go through..........

Btw, that location in #3 is getting a workout- I hope at least it's in your backyard so you don't have to trek down to it multiple times a week!! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    DemianDemian Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2012
    I really like #4, both for the pose and the positioning of the background . What was the lighting like for this one? He hardly cast a shadow (Which is good... there's just enough to look realistic, but not so much that it distracts from the background.)
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2012
    Quincy T wrote: »
    That's impressive work, Bryce. I wish I could say the same about my own technique.

I really like the last one, I've never seen anything like it before, and it's pretty cool!
    Thanks Quincy! BTW, do you have my room ready yet?

I really try to do at least one set that showcases something about the individual and the activities that are important to them. In this case, the subject is really into free style and impromptu dance. Although I'm much more comfortable with a sports type theme, I have a couple others that I like, but this was my favorite.
    divamum wrote: »
    These are all terrific, Bryce! I too am in awe of your minimalism (and robust technique!) - I learned many months ago that with my tendency to bop around I have to overshoot to ensure sharp focus, so I always have way too many shots to go through..........

Btw, that location in #3 is getting a workout- I hope at least it's in your backyard so you don't have to trek down to it multiple times a week!! rolleyes1.gif
    Hey, if ya find something that works, keep using it! That location is about ten minutes from my home, it also has that cool bridge and a number of other settings that work well. Can get a lot of looks in one spot.

I'm not sure what my "Robust Technique" means or is, but thanks just the same.
    Demian wrote: »
    I really like #4, both for the pose and the positioning of the background . What was the lighting like for this one? He hardly cast a shadow (Which is good... there's just enough to look realistic, but not so much that it distracts from the background.)

Thanks

Got the idea on the positioning of the brick inserts from an "opposing angles" drawing I saw somewhere. It was lit with a SB-800 and a shoot through, camera left set about 1 stop above ambient, and a BAWR was used to the right of the subject.
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    robust meaning sturdy, reliable, solid. A good thing, in other words!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    divamum wrote: »
    robust meaning sturdy, reliable, solid. A good thing, in other words!! thumb.gif

I refer to my brother as being "robust" but none of the above is what I actually mean. rolleyes1.gif
    "I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited August 20, 2012
    a BAWR was used to the right of the subject.

BAWR = Bare Assed White Republican headscratch.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2012
    BAWR = Bare Assed White Republican headscratch.gif

Big Ass White Reflector............:D
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2012
    Big Ass White Reflector............:D

Yeah. I know but not as funny. BTW, a Bare Assed White Republican could serve the same purpose. ne_nau.gif

My Smug Site
  • Options
    edited August 20, 2012
    Yeah. I know but not as funny. BTW, a Bare Assed White Republican could serve the same purpose. ne_nau.gif

Yeah, now that you mention it, Rush Limbaugh's butt is most likely big enough to do the trick!rolleyes1.gif