Options

HS Football-hometown rivals

J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
edited September 9, 2012 in Sports
What do you think of these edits......to much?

i-vQBxrgH-XL.jpg

i-7hnSM4f-XL.jpg

3. just sacked the QB
i-QJJFGzJ-L.jpg

i-cdJrwLF-L.jpg

i-PMqSSsr-XL.jpg

i-c64zrwv-XL.jpg

i-8tqDCmw-XL.jpg
-Joe Allen
My Smugmug Site

Comments

• Options
    photodad1photodad1 Registered Users Posts: 566 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2012
    Did you use a filter on Adobe Photoshop on some of the photos? I like #4 the best. You might tighten the crop some, especially # 7.
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2012
    Not sure about the filter. I'm not one for subdued colors. #7, not only is there a whole mess of space on the right but I have no clue what's going on??? Is 62 the ball carrier and the guy you isolated about to attack?
  • Options
    edited August 26, 2012
    Not sure about the filter. I'm not one for subdued colors. #7, not only is there a whole mess of space on the right but I have no clue what's going on??? Is 62 the ball carrier and the guy you isolated about to attack?

Trying to get an individual shot of him in action....he plays center....so it's proving hard to snap just him...these were just some Lightroom presets I was trying, the kids really liked them, but I wasn't to sure about them. It sure was a lot of fun shooting on the field.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    CloudOnMyTongueCloudOnMyTongue Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    Wow, #3 is my favourite.
  • Options
    jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2012
    I think its a different and I like it, but you still need to apply the basics of sports photography. Level horizons and tighter crops.
  • Options
    clarsen0606clarsen0606 Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2012
    I like them! 1 and 2 are cool. The effect is different and is nice for a few select pics. I tend to crop much tighter. You have great pics "inside the helmet" so the closer the better in my opinion. Good work and thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited August 31, 2012
    thanks for all the input from everyone! Looks like I need to work on cropping in my shots.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    I do like the look. I know tight cropping is standard in sports shots, but I think all these work in that they give more perspective on the moment. I don't think either #2 or #4 would be nearly as good if they were tight on the individual.

I do agree about leveling the horizon though.

PS: #1 is really great... too bad that wasn't the goal line...
    Regards

Will