Options

Yellowstone's Colorful " Grand Canyon "

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited September 5, 2012 in Landscapes
This shot is straight out of the camera.... no color bump, no manipulation at all. It's just a gorgeous place.

Yellowstone-3-071-X2.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2012
    That area is very colorful indeed!

Its also an area that I personally find illusive to capture its true beauty and grandure, much like the Grand Canyon and Brice Canyon.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2012
    rwells wrote: »
    That area is very colorful indeed!

Its also an area that I personally find illusive to capture its true beauty and grandure, much like the Grand Canyon and Brice Canyon.

I agree with you, Randy. It seems that the best any of us can do is to record various snippets of what we see and hope that, taken as a complete body of work, we're able to impart a sense of the overall majesty that these places possess.

Take care, buddy,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    Certainly a Magical, inspiring peice of American wilderness. Thanks for posting a more original perspective of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2012
    Certainly a Magical, inspiring peice of American wilderness. Thanks for posting a more original perspective of the Yellowstone Grand Canyon.

Hi Mike,

I appreciate you dropping by. When shooting an iconic scene like this, I try and do something different...sometimes it works, sometimes not. Your word " inspiring " is very apropos.

Tom
  • Options
    MidnightStormMidnightStorm Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2012
    Wow. Really vibrant, great picture :D
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2012
    Wow. Really vibrant, great picture :D

Thanks for the visit and the kind words.

Tom