Options

One from today - Presley

anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
edited November 29, 2012 in People
Had a session today. Tough one. Mom, dad and little 2 year old Presley. You may remember her from a few weeks back. We tried at the park this time. She wanted to do everything but sit or take pictures. I didn't fight it and just went with it. Asked the parents to just sit back and let me work. Haven't gone through all of the shots but this one I freaking love. Had to climb in the bushes to the get this shot and I think it paid off.

8214734765_839575b1da_b.jpg
"I'm not yelling. I'm Cuban. That's how we talk."

Moderator of the People and Go Figure forums

My Smug Site

Comments

• Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    Well worth climbing into the weeds . . . unless there's poison ivy. Great shot.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    I would love to see this in portrait crop. The space on the right bugs me lol. Super image, the sat is so soft, very nice!
  • Options
    anonymouscubananonymouscuban Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,586 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    Thanks guys. It's funny because I noticed my new habit (annoying BTW) is that I find myself shooting in portrait orientation A LOT! I think about 75% of the shots in this set were in portrait. Also keep in mind that his is un-cropped, SOOC. More than likely, it will be printed in an 8x10 aspect ratio will will cut off some of the negative space on the right. With that said, I actually like it as is. I'm a less is more person.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    Good point on the print crop. I'm just the opposite, I have to think "portrait" lol, and force myself. I love my wide lol. Lately I been forcing myself to go wider on my shots, to allow more leniency on cropping, without going into the bushes lol. I think this will look great framed and hanging above the fireplace. Great job guy, they will love this, of that I have no doubt. thumb.gif
  • Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    Gorgeous. This is the kind of shot I would love as a parent.
  • Options
    HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2012
    Nice capture but that lower corner is a bit distracting. It is a landscape world more and more ie. MOVIES, BILLBOARDS,,TV, COMPUTER SCREENS ETC.
  • Options
    QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    you just destroyed that BG. lovely bokeh
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2012
    Qarik wrote: »
    you just destroyed that BG. lovely bokeh

Isn't it creamy dude?! Love it.

My Smug Site
  • Options
    trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Love it. One nit is that the image is basically diagonally bisected with the right half in a solid cream color...it feels like odd. Perhaps crop tighter to reduce the overwhelming right side...
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    Gorgeous clap.gifclapclap.gif

Screw any nits anyone has. The key to a great photo is how one reacts when first viewing it. What emotions rush into your brain?

This is a wonderful image that captures a young child engaged in her own little world. How special.

Sam
  • Options
    babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2012
    She's precious! and that BG just melts away!
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.